changing world (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
erhem... insignificant, but HEY LUBA ;)

kini mini

HSC
I did On Giants' Shoulders with Fahrenheit 451 and The Matrix :)

Rahul

Dead Member
do not do the matrix.....the marker would not b too impressed as many many ppl will do the matrix.

the film u choose doesn't matter as long as its related to ur topic. it is how u analyse and link to to ur core text that matters.

everyone in our class did a film text as a related material
*6th day
*5th element <<my choice
*time machine
*jus choose sum futuristic one

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I did the song "Captain" by Something For Kate, and the bok "Willow Tree and Olive"by Irini Savides.
I thought they were pretty good choices cos ther wasn't TOO much to write about. You can't afford to spend too much time on each thing, and both of those were easy to quickly sum up.

I know a lot of people did the Verves "Bitter Sweet Symphony"-which is probably a good choice cos it says the word "Change" a lot.;)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
do not do the matrix.....the marker would not b too impressed as many many ppl will do the matrix.

I'm sceptical of that theory. The marker is far more likely IMO to assess your argument on its merits than throw it out because the subject material is common.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

I'm sceptical of that theory. The marker is far more likely IMO to assess your argument on its merits than throw it out because the subject material is common.
I think thats how it's supposed to happen in theory, but if a marker sits down and reads heaps on the same thing, then reads one on something a bit different, the may throw an extra mark or two your way for taking a more original appraoch-maybe it will seem like you better understand the topic if you go for a less obvious text. Even though you'd be sticking to the guidelines, and really shouldn't be marked up or down either way, it can't help to be a bit more creative-as long as you still manage to come up with a good essay of course.;)

Rahul

Dead Member
i would still disagree....i have heard it from many hsc markers that they did not lyk marking the same stuff. think of the extra marks u could get if u do a text that is diff from the common ones.

in the end if u have answered the question well enuff u should get the deserving marks, but this mite happen wid sum markers.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
i would still disagree....i have heard it from many hsc markers that they did not lyk marking the same stuff. think of the extra marks u could get if u do a text that is diff from the common ones.

in the end if u have answered the question well enuff u should get the deserving marks, but this mite happen wid sum markers.
I think that incompetent markers who let that influence their judgement are inherently unpredictable. You never know how many ways there are to offend a fool. I took my chances and it was alright in the end IMO :).

Rahul

Dead Member
it does get hard to think that u can get fair marks even if u do a common relarted material when 3 hsc markers at ur skool consistently tell u to use different texts!!!:confused:

neester

We are doing BLADE RUNNER for our Supplimentary text...
it looks ok...
we are also doing On Giants Shoulders the book... which is boring as hell!

lol...

perhaps 12 Monkeys might be a good movie for changing worlds?
its about the terrible future, and going back in time and discovering what went wrong...

charat

Im doing 'on giants shoulders' too!!! fark me thats boring! need help on additional material and any related shit pleeaaase???

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I used the book 'Snare' by Katharine Kerr which was really good cause it discussed changes in religious philosophy if and when man gained interstellar travel and got to different worlds.

I also used the song 'If you're not the one' by Daniel Beddingfield.

chanfky

Does anyone know any good poems related to Changing World? I'm not actualyl doing the HSC this yr (did it last yr) but just when I thought the idea "change" is out of my life, one of my uni project requires us to take photographs of CHANGE!!!

I'm thinking of basing my photos on a poem/lyrics/a short passage about changing world. So I'm just wondering if anyone knows any good poems/lyrics/short passages that are related to changing world. Preferably the ones that are real simple with many descriptions, instead of the ones that are very deep & meaningful 'cause this would be a lot harder to express in photos.

Any help is appreciated! :) Thanks heaps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)