Changing topics for the HSC Exams (1 Viewer)

jonny94

HSC
Ok guys so these are the topics my school is studying:

1. Historical Period: Egypt New Kingdom To The Death of Amenhotep III
2. Personality: Hatshepsut
3. Sparta: Society to the Battle of Leuctra 371BC
4. Pompeii

and I want to do this in the HSC exam

1. Historical Period: Persia from Cyrus II to the death of Darius III
2. Personality: Xerxes
3. Persian Society at the time of Darius and Xerxes

4. Pompeii

Am I allowed to this? I pretty sure I can since there is no way that can see what topics Ive studied and they give you a choice in the HSC Exam.

The reason is I actually enjoy those the ones Ive chosen and the others I have problems memorizing and studying just because I have no interest.

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
Why would you do that, if you haven't gone through it in your class?

jonny94

HSC
Because I like learning about that topic and sinks in well, others dont. I actually hate it.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you wish to do different topics to the rest of your class in the HSC that is fine but you will still have to do all the school's assessment tasks on the topics they teach.

I have often had students do a question from a different section of the course.

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
i don't think you would like xerxes, it's the most dull topic we're doing. it's so boring.

SunnyScience

HSC
The first topic is actually meant to be "to the death of Thutmose IV"

I do all of those topics, expect for Sparta (I'm one of ~70 students to do Assyria :p)

I highly recommend you stick with the schools topics (they really should be that bad - in fact, they're probably easier than the topics you have chosen), also, you will have to teach yourself and you won't have access to the same sources your teachers have.

But you, technically, you can do what ever you want. I just don't suggest it.

Goodluck.

Ajaxx

HSC
N/A
Yeah you can do whatever topics you want, but I would definitely recommend doing whatever youre studying becuase even if you hate it you'd undoubtedly have a better understanding/work/notes on that than choosing a new topic.

However, if you have studied the topics you want to do thoroughly, are reasonably intelligent and have good notes do Persia. My school did Persian Society and Xerxes due to the fact that the information overlaps and also becuase there isnt as much information that you can learn/know about those topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)