Changing to a double degree on enrollment day (1 Viewer)

ART

HSC
Hi. I've received a offer for biomedical eng, but have decided that i would really like to do a double degree with commerce. Is it possible to transfer to B Eng(biomed)/B Commerce on enrollment day (this friday!!!)? Also, any suggestions for what units to choose for Commerce in this double degree? Thanks.

pan_da

HSC
I am 100% sure that you would not be able to switch to a double degree when you got an offer just for the engineering degree, even if you want to do it on the enrolment day, it would be too late (because it now involve two faculties instead of just 1 faculty).

However, there are 3 ways that you might be able to do it:

1) try to get a final round offer by putting B engineering/B commerce as your first preference in your UAC application form

2) apply for a mid-year entry through UAC, usually during june (only if the combined degree you want allow the mid-year entry). For mid-year entry, they only look at your UAI, not your tertiary grade for semester 1)

3) re-apply at end of the year through UAC for 2007 entry (the UAC may then offer you a place for 2007 by taking both your 2006 UAI and your 2006 tertiary grade into account)

Hope all these help!!

richz

yep, i was planning to do a double degree too, but when i emailed usyd, they said its not possible.

btw, it says ur in the class of 06, y r u going to uni this year? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

ART

HSC
LOL.... you mean i've been "HSC:2006" for all of last year, when in reality, I was being tortured? hehe. anyway, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll try to change courses mid-term then. BTW how many/what electives would be good for biomed eng?

esther

HSC
you dont get electives...
you have a set number of subjects you do...
no choice...
the subjects are now worth 6 credit points so you'll end up doin 4 subjects a sem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)