Changing Timetable Question (urgent) (1 Viewer)

Shaking Paper

HSC
Hey! I want to change my class time for one subject on one day, I would have done it when I moved one other class during O-week but I didnt realise that there was another session for this tutorial and it would make my day much better, I don't want to do it online because I know if doing the change from MyUni is anything but a click-and-drag thing i'll screw it up, can I still make this change somewhere on campus? And if so, where can I do it and how early do they open? (The tutorial class that I want to do is at 10:00 tomorrow morning, the session that i'm in now is that afternoon.) :bomb:

tennille

HSC
I'm pretty sure they still do it at the Madsen building. They open at 9am. If not, then you'll probably need to go to the student centre.

Shaking Paper

HSC
Any other confirmations? I dont want to have to leave really early tomorrow for nothing. Is it strange to change tute classes after the first week. :confused:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
as Tennille says, go to the Madsen Building. but go there at 10. that's when it starts.

when u go there, there will be several people operating a computer each. he/she operates the timetable code that would fit your criteria as u explain them to him/her.

after week 1, collect timetable at Student Centre.

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Its important that you try and finalise your timetable by the end of week 1, as most people don't take kindly to changes after that.

They prefer that you have your classes set by the time you start tutes second week - by they I mean most of the tutors I've encountered.

Shaking Paper

HSC
Ok. Thanks everyone.
If they open at 10 then I can't really change it for this week, that's when the tute is on, so i'll make the change tomorrow afternoon. I'm a little paranoid that everyone will know each other and have made friends by then. I know thats not the case, but i'm a silly first-year so i'm allowed to be over-paranoid.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You tend to make friends in labs more than tutes, depending on whether groupwork(/sex) is involved.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
^ Ta. Someone answer please.

tennille

HSC
I thought the Madsen timetable changes started at 9am, becuase I was there during that time on Monday. :confused:

Lainee

HSC
If you're part of the Eco&Bus faculty then you can also get timetable changes in Merewether (in the small room next to the computer room, don't know the number). The lines seemed a little bit shorter there (ie. you can wait at Madsen for 2hrs or here for 1.5hrs) =/

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Is it possible to change my timetable, now thats its week 2?

I'm only going to try to change lecture times, is this ok?

SmokedSalmon

HSC
haha chill out!! Wow you first years are freaking urselves out over nothing. no one gives a crap whether u go to the lecture at a different time or not. its not like school at all. And if u turn up to a different tutorial then what is allocated on ur timetable simply say 'oh i just had it changed in the student centre.... add me on the list please'. easy peasy :p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Most, if not all, of the first year lectures aren't worth attending anyway.

So are a lot of second year ones.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Turned up to my first biochem lecture today, since I had nothing else to do. Total waste of time.

lozzie17

HSC
If you guys don't turn up to lectures, and your course doesn't post lecture notes on the web, then how do you get your information for assignments/exams?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
All my subjects except analysis and maths ssp have notes online or in print. For analysis I have several friends with neat handwriting that I can depend on should I feel like a sleep in, but Daners is pretty good so that's rare. For ssp, I need to turn up to all the seminars anyway to get a mark for the subject.

Find friends that you can borrow notes off. And seriously, nobody cares if you attend or not, and some of those lectures just aren't worth going to. So relax and settle into uni.

lozzie17

HSC
I don't mind the lectures that much. Some are really dull - but others are good cause you get to talk to people and besides, I have tutes a fair bit, so I may as well fill in the time between them by going to my lectures. I'm sure I will have changed my attitude in a few weeks though ahah : )

lala2

Banned
HSC
Agree with lozzie. I have either a prac or a tute/workshop every day (all of which are compulsory), so I might as well attend the lectures too. Anyway, most of my pracs/tutes/workshops are last thing in the day, when the demonstrators are feeling ready to go home too, so we end up (nearly always) leaving early! (even if only by 15 minutes, it's better than nothing.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Sometimes you will find that being outside of a lecture is more interesting than in a lecture.

And morning lectures = sleep ins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)