Changing Self - Stimulus Booklet (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i know nearly 100% of people doing changing self use "the door" and "sky high" and we are encouraged to choose something different - but seriously, what other stimulus text can you use for changing self?
i have a few notes on the other 4 texts... but wouldnt' really be able to talk about them in detail (and generally the question requires you to speak a fair bit about your stimulus text)

should i just be like the other 95% of the state and write on these two? or take a gamble and try something else?

slyball

you don't have to follow my advice but i think you should use whatever you did for your trials (since it's obviously whjat you are most comfortable with). the hsc... imho, shouldn't involve any gambling - too important. :p

what you could do is take a common piece and extract things that others may have overlooked to differentiate your work from theirs. many things are there.. if you look hard enough.

but it ultimately depends on how well you answer the question with your text(s).

sammie

I don't know if this helps but i am doing Changing Self and i did Humans in their Environment from the stimulus booklet. I have been getting ok marks for my essays but my teacher says it is fine to use that text. So if it isn't to late try that istead of Sky high and The door.

emybemy

i ring the HSC advice line to ask their opinon on using the door and she said that they cannot mark you down because of what text you use its the way you write about it. im using the door because i am sythesising my text and so im talking about taking the initative to change eg "Go and open the door', i dunno if that helps but i think you should use the text that you feel comfortable with. Goodluck!!!

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by sammie
I don't know if this helps but i am doing Changing Self and i did Humans in their Environment from the stimulus booklet.
Ok, I have no idea how you would link that to changing self. My mind went completely blank when I read that.

MiSSi

hmm im thinking because there has been a change from human to paper. and change in attitude such as recycling bin as it wouldnt of existed in the past. i dunno am i on the right track?

Hattygirl

Fractal guyz.... u can use that for changing self if u really want to

Fractal could show the change in self through the graphics in the booklet. The pics are being zoomed into and the words 'note the similar shapes u find at different levels of magnification' . that could show how the objects appear to be changing but they are really staying the same and just being looked into.... this could be a metaphor for changing self a person may think they are changing but are really just staying the same and discovering more of themselves as they look deeper into themselves... or something i duno

haha i just read over that and it sounds like a very big load of bullshit so i wouldnt use fractal.... there goes my moment!!

Goodluck pples.... :D

Last edited:

mon_mon

HSC
I'm using Sturt's Dreaming- has the chang in his view of the world, kinda change in perspective, but fits in with my idea that change in self includes a change in perspective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)