Changing Schools Mid Year? (1 Viewer)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Hey,
I was wondering what happens if someone were to change schools during the middle of the HSC course?
If anybody has any experience with this, how did the school(s) carry across the marks and rankings from one school to the other? Is this even possible?

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
A guy came into our school at the beginning of the next year / Term 1 / 2 / whatever people call it.

The mark he gained in each of the first assessment tasks he did at our school (which were all exams) for his subjects were used as the marks for all the previous tasks he missed in Term 4 / 1.

benn07

HSC
Someone i knew changed interstate from NSW to the ACT, but that was HSC to AST. Anyway, they just made the assessments they did weigh more than other kids to make up for the ones that were missed.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Wait so if I were to bomb out in my first few assessment tasks.. I could move to another school and get a second chance?
/Exploit

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
youngminii said:
Wait so if I were to bomb out in my first few assessment tasks.. I could move to another school and get a second chance?
/Exploit
yeah, if u think thats worth it, first ones were worth like 10%, so if u think its a fair trade then sure, u can do it

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I'm pretty sure they will just assess you on all the assessments you've done at the new school and they'll just convert it to a mark out of 100 or 50 - depending on the course - that's what they did at my school with the accelerants when we missed out on the first HSC Assessment.

But seriously - I can't see why you would want to move schools 3 terms within your HSC.

iLOVEmyBF

HSC
why would u want to do this, i dont get it. unless ur trying to move to a selective school like james ruse, but do they even do that?? just stay where u r right now, so much easier...

benn07

HSC
oh yeah i forgot to mention, another kid tried to transfer to another school, but they would only accept him on the condition that he wouldn't go for a UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)