Changing Schools in yr 10 (1 Viewer)

Kudos

HSC
hello everyone.. i am currently in yr 10 and i really want to change schools next term.
i was wondering.. is it wise? would it affect my chances of getting a good SC mark? thank you for your opinions=D

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
why are you thinking of changing? Is it because you want to do better in your HSC? If so, leave at the end of the year. Thats what I did and it worked really well for me. I know of a friend who did what you are planning to do and it took him ages to settle into his new school.
Theres a few things to consider here:
1) the school you change to, it might be doing courses in a different order to what your doing in your current schools where you might miss entire topics.
2) You're going to leave an environment your useto and haveto start again. Unless you know a few ppl in your new school, this might not be a good thing at all because if you have problems, you might not have people to turn to like you would in your current school.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
why are you thinking of changing? Is it because you want to do better in your HSC? If so, leave at the end of the year. Thats what I did and it worked really well for me. I know of a friend who did what you are planning to do and it took him ages to settle into his new school.
Theres a few things to consider here:
1) the school you change to, it might be doing courses in a different order to what your doing in your current schools where you might miss entire topics.
2) You're going to leave an environment your useto and haveto start again. Unless you know a few ppl in your new school, this might not be a good thing at all because if you have problems, you might not have people to turn to like you would in your current school.
Best Advice here

mellarr

HSC
It depends on the school you want to go to really. You will have to take into consideration that they may not have any places availiable (esp. in selective schools). Also i don' t think it would be wise due to the fact different schools teach different topics at different times so you may miss out.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
It wont matter what school you do to for the SC... however if your moving because of subjects/schools etc, Start next year!

Dont you want to go to your formal with your friends?

Moving schools really isnt as easy you'd think

Brontecat

HSC
there is also the advantage that next year you'll already be settled in and you'll know the teachers and what they expect and stuff so in that respect it helps you to prepare for the two biggest years
+you'll have friends for next year that are at the school

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hello everyone.. i am currently in yr 10 and i really want to change schools next term.
i was wondering.. is it wise? would it affect my chances of getting a good SC mark? thank you for your opinions=D
firstly, SC means jack-shit all.

So if you are worried about SC, don't worry.

bbyjessicax

HSC
i wanna change schools too but .. im planning to change at the end of the year . so like i dont have to fill out all this crap before SC .
& plus . moving schools before SC might affect you emotionally ;)

<3jess.

nex-prenuncius

HSC
N/A
you would also have to look at what electives they offer at the new school and if they match up with the ones you are already doing and if they dont offer the same ones do you still have enough time to get the required hours in that subject? and yeah making sure that you wont miss whole chunks of topics is important otherwise you can find yourself doing somethings twice and then missing somethings entirely.
But if you do really want to change dont let all this stuff put you off doing it just do your research and see what you need to catch up on to make your change easier for you :D

Theta_12

HSC
I changed school in Year 10 and I was fine.
Make Sure You Research Your Change.
Know What The School Offers; Do For Example They Have Afterschool Clinics - eg Maths or English. That Can Help You If You Do Fall Behind.
and think about your reasons why you want to change
dont just change because people have told you its a better school.
it may not be the best school for you.

Moving Schools Shouldnt Have A Huge Impact On Your SC - Not That SC Actuall Means Much In The Scheme Of Things. Think Your Choice Through Very Carfully About Which School You Go To.
Ive Been To 7 Schools; My Family Moves Alot and only 2 Of The 'Worked' For How I Learn.
in the end its up to you. i hope you are able to make a choice that makes you happy!
goodluck

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I changed school in Year 10 and I was fine.
Make Sure You Research Your Change.
Know What The School Offers; Do For Example They Have Afterschool Clinics - eg Maths or English. That Can Help You If You Do Fall Behind.
and think about your reasons why you want to change
dont just change because people have told you its a better school.
it may not be the best school for you.

Moving Schools Shouldnt Have A Huge Impact On Your SC - Not That SC Actuall Means Much In The Scheme Of Things. Think Your Choice Through Very Carfully About Which School You Go To.
Ive Been To 7 Schools; My Family Moves Alot and only 2 Of The 'Worked' For How I Learn.
in the end its up to you. i hope you are able to make a choice that makes you happy!
goodluck
That's a lot of inappropriate use of capitalization and upper case. My teacher would behead you.

Theta_12

HSC
That's a lot of inappropriate use of capitalization and upper case. My teacher would behead you.
Indeed There Is... But Upper Case Is So Much Better Than Everyday Lower Case. Makes Everything Much More Exciting.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)