changing ranks now... (1 Viewer)

Nezz

HSC
Our teachers stuffed up in one subject and there are some ranks that might be wrong now... anyone know if they are able to change our ranks now, even though they have already been sent away? (i was told they are able to change marks, but i'm just not sure)
ta :)

pri

HSC
N/A
well if there is a stuff up, inform them immediately!!!

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
I think there is still some time.
You just have to inform your principal immediately.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by pri
well if there is a stuff up, inform them immediately!!!
yeah!

if they have just added wrongly, then OF COURSE they can change it. they can even change them after the 15 nov (when our results are published on a website and we can go in and see what rank and what mark our school sent in)

tell your teacher now if there's something wrong

Nezz

HSC
thanks... they do know about it (only coz i told them!) the head teacher of the subject is pretty unreliable so i thought it would be best to check!
thank god they can change it!!! :) :) :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
(when our results are published on a website and we can go in and see what rank and what mark our school sent in)
Thats a load of crap, students aren't meant to be told their raw assessment marks by the school, let alone the board!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pri
like they cant work it out themselves
LOL true. I have been keeping a record of what my raw marks were in assessments, what the weightings were, and so on.

So I do have my raw assessment mark, (which can be compared to my "reported"/moderated assessment mark).

With the exam mark though, I won't have a clue about my performance, except a rough guess/estimation. (a "guestimate" :p :p)

But all of the ranks are made available to students, so that's fine. :)

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
LOL true. I have been keeping a record of what my raw marks were in assessments, what the weightings were, and so on.

So I do have my raw assessment mark, (which can be compared to my "reported"/moderated assessment mark).

With the exam mark though, I won't have a clue about my performance, except a rough guess/estimation. (a "guestimate" :p :p)

But all of the ranks are made available to students, so that's fine. :)
well I spose u aim for a certain mark in the exam with the supposition that ur raw mark stays the same

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you can find out your rank. and you can work out your raw mark (provided you know the marks and weighting of all the assessments) but you cant find out the scaled mark that was sent into the board.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
Thats a load of crap, students aren't meant to be told their raw assessment marks by the school, let alone the board!
no it's not! go check it out yourself:
www.studentsonline.nsw.edu.au

then type in your pin and student number
click on 'assessment' at the top, written in white
then it will say:
"On the 15th November 2003 a list will be displayed below showing each HSC course for which you are entered, and your rank order in the final assessment marks submitted by your school for each course. If you feel that there is an error either in the rank order or in the list of courses, please contact your principal IMMEDIATELY."

if you click on 'manage' at the top u can even access what you are enrolled for, for prelim and hsc, and your school certificate results!!

so go try it!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
wow, well I do stand corrected! I thought it was a pretty much accepted thing that students aren't told their raw marks so they can't complain to BoS bout moderation etc.

How did you find out about this site?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Not a lot of people know about it, I guess it's hush-hush :D

Pretty good find iambored, you are my new hero! :)

And all this time, the schools have been saying that you will never find out your raw assessment mark, EVER. You only get your moderated assessment and exam marks. Way to go iambored! :)

Now I can keep a close eye on my marks, to see if they differ, and also my rankings, and we'll be seeing everybody whinge about it/inaccuracies, being cheated, etc :D

Great site, thank you very much iambored :)

is a roflcopter
HSC
anyone on primus having trouble going to that site?

s2ophie

HSC
same marsenal - what do you press after you fill in your details?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by s2ophie
same marsenal - what do you press after you fill in your details?
Enter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)