changing preferences overseas (1 Viewer)

frazzle

HSC
for those of you who were overseas during the period of the UAI release/prefences, how did you do it?

some say leave your PIN number and details with a friend here and tell them to change anything for you.

in case the net doesn't work overseas... yo uknow how they block off some sites in different countries?

yes, please inform me as to what i should do now.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think bring it yourself to try and do it yourself, and leave a backup plan here like you said.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
frazzle said:
for those of you who were overseas during the period of the UAI release/prefences, how did you do it?

some say leave your PIN number and details with a friend here and tell them to change anything for you.

in case the net doesn't work overseas... yo uknow how they block off some sites in different countries?

When I was overseas (America and the UK) I handled it myself, and there was no trouble with the net.

Unless you are going somwhere remote I would leave yourself in charge, but ring a friend with details/PIN if you find out when you get there that it does not work.

Affinity

HSC
Do it via web, if it doesn't work and you are really desperate, you can use IDD to get through to UAC's telephone service

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Yeah I'm afraid too...I'm going to be in Belgium, which is a french speaking country, thus their servers are french too? (Sorry, completely computer illiterate, I'm a bit stupid with these things...)

saves.the.day

HSC
frazzle said:

not unless you're going somewhere extremely remote. Just use the internet.

If you're out of the country you can get someone else to do it manually over the phone. You need to have signed a declaration and sent it into UAC when you registered saying you're giving permission to someone to act on your behalf should anything happen to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)