Changing preferances (1 Viewer)

holl

Whats the go with changing preferances after the 5th. I only just got a letter from unsw saying i got a scholarship and unsw is not my first preferance. I really dont know what to do cause i didnt want to go to unsw but then this letter came...
I think i'll have to reject the scholarship but was just wondering if i do decide to change my preferances and keep the scholarship, what happens cause its after the closing date for the main round?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
okay ur in the same position as me

i got a schlarship for uts. but its my 5th choice or something.
i had no idea what to do so i called up uac

they said you should accept the offer, and you still WILL BE considered in the main round, as long as the scholarship isnt ur first preference.

i dont think you can change ur preferences after the 5th...

holl

UNSW is not even in my preferances any more. It was my first but then i changed my mind and went for wollongong so i took unsw completly off my preferances. The scholarship is the Department and Education and Training scholarship.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
so u dont have nsw on ur list of preferences? thats wierd

when do you have to accept the scholarship? is there a date?

holl

nNo i dont live in sydney, its not that i dont want to go, its that they dont have my course. They have a similar course to what i want so thats where the problem lies,
a) do the course at wollongong with no scholarship or
b) do the similar (but not as good) course at unsw and take the scholarship...
Oh and then there's the fact that i cant change my preferances. I guess i'll have to kiss goodbye to the money.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
dont worry about the money.
as soon as u graduate, you'll make that money in no time..

how much is ur schloarship worth?

mines only $10,000

holl

Originally posted by tooheyz
so u dont have nsw on ur list of preferences? thats wierd

when do you have to accept the scholarship? is there a date?
I did have nsw as my first preferance when i applied for the scholarship but have since changed them. It says in the letter you have to accept/decline the scholarship within 14 days of receiving it. The letter was dated the 22nd of december but i ony got it today ( the mail must have been VERY slow) so i spose they'd be looking for my reply soon since its been 13 days since the date of the letter. What did you get a scholarship for tooheyz?

holl

ONLY $10,000..

Mine is $2000, far less than that, but its still hard rejecting free money!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by holl
ONLY $10,000..

Mine is $2000, far less than that, but its still hard rejecting free money!
yeah i know its pretty greedy of me to diss it... but like its only $10g for the entire 5 year course... i mean, at other unis its like $50g...

so yeah.. its for computer engineering at uts.. which isnt what im dying to do - but will do it if i dont get into usyd :)

its free money i know... but yeah...

holl

Mine's for whatever i want to do at unsw, but is $2000 for the first year only. So thats actually the same, $10,000 for 5 years or $2000 for 1 year.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by holl
Mine's for whatever i want to do at unsw, but is $2000 for the first year only. So thats actually the same, $10,000 for 5 years or $2000 for 1 year.
wow, at least u get to choose what course u wanna do... u know?
for me, computer enginnering was my last preference - i was going for mechatronics enginneering and they gave me comp

pretty stupid..
$10g for the first year for me is nothing when you think about it... when you compare it to other unis..

hmm... i dunno what u should do.. accept it just in case...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)