changing lanes (1 Viewer)

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
That's the dumbest fucking thing I've heard in my life. I really hope you merge into a semi or something.
It seems a pastime doesn't it? WRXSti at least admits its 'dangerous'!

Mebbe just mebbe, we'll make the offence worthy of a three demerit point gain here in NSW.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
he's got a point about people closing the gap though :D
i sure do!

not always.....i only do no indicated change lanes, when cars are in a stay-still or moving at around 15-20 km.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
Ok thanks guys,

Btw will they ask you to reverse park between 2 cars or just 1?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
wrxsti said:
i sure do!

not always.....i only do no indicated change lanes, when cars are in a stay-still or moving at around 15-20 km.
What the hell, that's the worst time to do it because cars are close together. So you're moving into a small gap with no notice, which is dangerous.

YOU MUST TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO.

It's so easy and it shits me to tears when people can't do it properly.

Pace_T

HSC
scarybunny said:
What the hell, that's the worst time to do it because cars are close together. So you're moving into a small gap with no notice, which is dangerous.

YOU MUST TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO.

It's so easy and it shits me to tears when people can't do it properly.
im the reason why he doesnt use his indicators. i close the gap soon as anyone puts on their indicator teehee

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
AntiJap said:
Ok thanks guys,

Btw will they ask you to reverse park between 2 cars or just 1?
no just 1, just make sure you DONT hit the kerb with your wheels, cause if you do AUTO-FAIL!, take as long as you want for the parking, if you reverse back and you see that its not going to work, just redo it, and position your left mirror directly on the rear back tyre, so that when ur reversing you dont hit the kerb, change it when you finish.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Pace_T said:
im the reason why he doesnt use his indicators. i close the gap soon as anyone puts on their indicator teehee
lol i close the gap whenever, I don't need indicators.

Black Hawker

HSC
I'm pretty sure it's not a instant fail if you don't signal that long.

In my test, they said I nearly failed because I didn't signal long enough two times. So I'm guessing 3 signal errors will lead to a fail, but not an instant fail...

iEdd

HSC
It's 5 signal errors for a fail, which can be either not indicating at any point that you need to, or not indicating for at least 5 seconds before leaving a kerb.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
But you lose a point for each one, so if you do some other minor stuff wrong it can all add up. Might as well just get full marks for signals.

proringz

HSC
There's no amount of time specified for how long you need to indicate to change lanes. There is only one for leaving from a car space and moving from the kerb (both 5 secs). I asked my uncle who's a p-plate tester. Just make sure you indicate before you change lanes and you should be fine.

F2001

HSC
Pace_T said:
yep thats me! i start moving first and then flash my indicator for a split second, u'know, only cause i have to :D
but i never indicate to ask other drivers to make a gap for me, i only change lanes when i can get in without having to make other drivers give me space. so thats why i got in the habit of doing the dodgy.
faggots that put their indicators and expect u to make a gap for them pisses me off 100000x times more. i never let any of them in (unless the lane was ending and they had no idea for example). find a gap yourself, im not going to slow down for you. fuck off you cunts.
lol, where u at? blacktown?

If I've left a gap infront, so be it, speeding up is just idiotic and asking for trouble. Although it probably depends on your situation.

As I understand Pace_t u drive a bmw 318 (lol), why would u risk it for something so stupid? My friend for example wants someone to hit/writeoff his Maggie, so I could understand in his case:rofl: read below if u want me to write off ur 318 (it is a 318, right?)

wrxsti said:
most of the time when i want to change lanes, i dont use my indicator at all, cause when i turn my indicator on, you can see in the mirror the cars start to speed up and close the gap, fucking morons.

so i just do a dangerous, no signal change of lanes, works perfectly and you can sit back relax and glance in the mirror and see the anguish in the drivers behind you. :lol:

Pace_T said:
I was off my face one night and ended up talking about a fish truck we saw for sale ($500). I was saying to some friends how we should just drive into old bombs (front bumper) and drive off/have a run away car ready. I"ll fucken put u in a wall/pole if u do that crap. See what bad driving on your part causes? lol

wrxsti said:
no just 1, just make sure you DONT hit the kerb with your wheels, cause if you do AUTO-FAIL!, take as long as you want for the parking, if you reverse back and you see that its not going to work, just redo it, and position your left mirror directly on the rear back tyre, so that when ur reversing you dont hit the kerb, change it when you finish.
Changing it after u start the test is auto-fail. If you have good electronic mirrors (ie make no buzz noise) and a sedan where the passanger can hardly see the mirror then change it but don't make it obvious.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
proringz said:
There's no amount of time specified for how long you need to indicate to change lanes. There is only one for leaving from a car space and moving from the kerb (both 5 secs). I asked my uncle who's a p-plate tester. Just make sure you indicate before you change lanes and you should be fine.
No, it's 5 seconds buddy, even if theres nobody else on the road.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
Here there aren't any lanes, traffic lights or hills to worry about, esp while doing the P's test.

All I had to do was drive, do a three point turn, do a parallel park and I'm quite sure that's it. Was so simple.

iEdd

HSC
Azamakumar said:
No, it's 5 seconds buddy, even if theres nobody else on the road.
Show us where, in any RTA document that it says that then. It's 30m for turning and 5s for moving away from kerb. Lane changing is just "indicate".

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
It's 5 or 3. I got -points for flicking my indicator then changing lanes in my test, even though there was nobody else on the road. The instructor even pointed it out to me after I failed and if I knew where my fail sheet was I'd scan it so you could see it.

proringz

HSC
Azamakumar said:
It's 5 or 3. I got -points for flicking my indicator then changing lanes in my test, even though there was nobody else on the road. The instructor even pointed it out to me after I failed and if I knew where my fail sheet was I'd scan it so you could see it.
I don't know when you did your test but the rule now is that there is not a specific time amount that you have to indicate before changing lines. I passed my test yesterday and I probably indicated for about 2 seconds each time I changed the lane. My uncle's a p-plate tester, I asked him specifically about that rule and that's what he said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)