Changing lane when exiting a round-a-bout (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I was reading "A guide to the driving test" pg 16, I'm just a bit confused as to where you can actually change the lane in the roundabout. It says 'when exiting', do the longer broken lines in roundabout apply the same rule as the shorter ones? I've always driven to the smaller broken lines, then changed lanes

skyhawkmatthew

Your Captain
HSC
A roundabout is the same as any other road. You can change lanes wherever you want as long as those (longer or otherwise) broken lines exist (in NSW, at least) - there is a Road Rule relating to indicating when changing lanes in a roundabout, thus is is evidently legal to change lanes:

117 Giving a change of direction signal when changing marked lanes or lines of traffic in a roundabout

(1) A driver driving in a roundabout must give a left change of direction signal before the driver changes marked lanes to the left, or enters a part of the roundabout where there is room for another line of traffic to the left, in the roundabout, unless the driver’s vehicle is not fitted with direction indicator lights.

(2) A driver driving in a roundabout must give a right change of direction signal before the driver changes marked lanes to the right, or enters a part of the roundabout where there is room for another line of traffic to the right, in the roundabout.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)