Changing courses (1 Viewer)

half_caste

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm a new student at the Cumberland Campus this year and am doing Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science) because I narrowly missed out on the double degree Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science) / Bachelor of Science (Nutrition).

If I want to change courses from the singe degree to the double degree, can I only do it after my first year of uni?

And if I do change, will it take me one more year to complete the double degree or is it possible to "catch up" in a way (so I can graduate the same time as people starting this year) since I've already finished some of the Exercise and Sport Science studies?

This really means a lot to me, and I know it's confusing (well for me it is haha) so your responses will mean heaps.

Thanks all!

Stay safe, Dan.

Skeeta

HSC
If some of the units are common, then you will (probabaly) be exempt from them when you transfer into the double degree. So, it is possible you will graduate at the same time. If you are only one or two units behind, you can overload (do more than the suggested credit points), but in a double degree, it would be very stressful etc.

There is also summer school - do some extra units over the summer/winter holidays, but this is EXPENSIVE. But another option.

I'm fairly sure you can transfer (or attempt to) in the middle of the year. But i would double check on that one.

half_caste

HSC
Skeeta said:
If some of the units are common, then you will (probabaly) be exempt from them when you transfer into the double degree. So, it is possible you will graduate at the same time. If you are only one or two units behind, you can overload (do more than the suggested credit points), but in a double degree, it would be very stressful etc.

There is also summer school - do some extra units over the summer/winter holidays, but this is EXPENSIVE. But another option.

I'm fairly sure you can transfer (or attempt to) in the middle of the year. But i would double check on that one.
Thanks a lot Skeeta. That made me feel a bajillion times better haha.

hi five for you :wave:

ImSoHot

HSC
I'm doing the double degree but know someone who's just doing exercise and sports science. First semester we only do one subject you don't, which is Chemistry. Instead you do 2 three credit point subjects, Introductory Neuroscience (which you'll do again second year if you do the double degree :p), and Cell Metabolism and Biochemistry or something...

So basically you're doing very similar subjects so it should be easy enough for you to transfer over if you work hard :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)