Changing attitudes during WW1 (1 Viewer)

skipper22

HSC
hey guys. doing assessment task 1 of HSC course, Create a portfolio of eight primary sources that demonstrate the attitudes of civilians and/or authorities in both britain and germany to :recuirtment, women, censorship, propaganda.
any suggestions??

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
skipper22 said:
hey guys. doing assessment task 1 of HSC course, Create a portfolio of eight primary sources that demonstrate the attitudes of civilians and/or authorities in both britain and germany to :recuirtment, women, censorship, propaganda.
any suggestions??
No.

L

littlewing69

skipper22 said:
any suggestions??

Library? Google?

T

Testpilot

As you can see from the negativity above boredofstudies is not a place that will do your work for you. Learn how to find information, as it will help you this year.

As for resources, try using textbook (your teacher will have some), the library-there is litteraly thousands of books on this, but stay away from the likes of 'The Complete Idiots Guide to WWI' (for reasons of historical acuracy). I recommend David Steveson's 1914-1918: The First World War. As for the internet start with the AWM and IWM. Do NOT use Wikipedia, and always double check your information.

L

littlewing69

Testpilot said:
As you can see from the negativity above boredofstudies is not a place that will do your work for you. Learn how to find information, as it will help you this year.

As for resources, try using textbook (your teacher will have some), the library-there is litteraly thousands of books on this, but stay away from the likes of 'The Complete Idiots Guide to WWI' (for reasons of historical acuracy). I recommend David Steveson's 1914-1918: The First World War. As for the internet start with the AWM and IWM. Do NOT use Wikipedia, and always double check your information.

Wikipedia is great so long as you know how to use it.

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Not for detailed, historical accuracy. For a good, general overview though, yes.

For sources, I suggest checking out your library for reference books. Don't just go to your school one either. You're more likely to get more accurate, more detailed and more sophisticated information from your local one.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Hey there - we are doing the same topic in English extension. Some texts we look at are Seigfreid Sassoon's poetry eg 'The glory of women'. Seigfreid is a good example because his early poetry talked about how great war was but after he himself experienced war his attitude changed and he wrote about how horrible it was. Another good Poet is Wilfred Owen who you probably know - he wrote 'ducle et decorum et po patria morey' (sorry bout spelling). Another war poet (he is Australian) from memory is Leon Gellert. Other texts to look at are biographies eg 'Goodbye to all that' by Robert Graves. And of course the famous - 'All quiet on the Western Front". Hope I helped. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)