Changes (1 Viewer)

bright_angell

Yes- it has come to this point- im chaning to performance because im stuck with my script which is really behind for where i should be- the concept is there (although questionable) just not the dialogue...and in scripts, we all know thats the requirment....ANYHOO our assessment is next tuesday- i have to learn a monologue by then...think i can do it?
any tips?

would be greatly appreciated!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
In your years of drama, english speeches, learning formulas etc, have you come up with a way that you can easily remember information?

For instance, i know that if i write something out in its entirety ten times, i will remember it, no matter how long. I had the lead role in the school play and had all my lines down in about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, the problem for me is not the lines themselves but getting the right emotion and conviction into them to keep my audience awake...but that's another story.

Try writing them down as many times as you can, and i thinkit just might work. And have faith in yourself... Theres a reason why you chose drama as a subject. You just have to remember that reason and get back the excitement and the fun. That is what i have learnt recently, that you have to really motivate yourself, cos no one can be arsed motivating you if you are apathetic and dont want to be motivated.

I BELIEVE IN YOU, bright_angell. You can do it! :)

bright_angell

thanx dudes

hahaha...nice way of putting it- thanx 4 the advice alleycat- yeah, my dictaphone recorder thing just broke so that aint gonna help me as usual- i will try ur method-ill try anything at this point really...character wise (i know this might sound stupid to drama students) but i cant reherse a character- an audience has to be present for a character to really emerge- i think that has to do with my freaking out at speeches and ME on stage in general-if im someone else, i feel better.

just thought id get that out there- THANX GUYS!

if anyone has a similar experience- that is you have less than a week to get a monoluge down for performance- id love to here from you!

ps. i have a feeling no one has ;p...which is pretty realistic

Bec_NOT_Brooke

HSC
idea

Hey, with my assesment tasks for HSC, i learnt my lines by recording them, and then listening to it all the time, even when your drifting off to sleep! Just choose something that suits your abilities, coz it would suck if you did something WAY off mark and got really poor marks! HOpe that helped.

bright_angell

yeah thanx dudes- funny that- my tape recorder conviniently broke today...and i also used to listen to it as i was going to sleep...oh well...we'll have to do it the old fashioned way...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)