changes to Youth Allowance? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have a question, if you are studying and receiving youth allowance and its the mid-year break (between semesters), do you continue to receive payments through-out that break? or does centrelink stop your payments until you've resumed your study for semester 2?

HSC
Officially reviving my bitching. I just got a letter saying my claim was rejected because I did not take the forms in on time - is three days later not good enough?

I'm going back in tomorrow :(

HSC
Wow that sucks heaps Babibakez! Centrelink seem so incompetent, but at the same time, I'd love to work for them, because the 'customers' have no bargaining power with which to complain. What're the 'customers' going to do? Stop doing business with them? Go elsewhere? You wouldn't even have to feign concern!

I just recieved the $650 into my account today, only two weeks after applying (despite the fact I'm sure I have a three week waiting period, and earn a little too much every week to get any YA at all).

At first when I saw the total in my bank account I thought that my backpay was ludicrously huge, hahaha.
What I'm thinking is probably either the documents got lost, or they needed something extra and it wasn't communicated to me. Grrr. I'm just going to take EVERYTHING back in this morning, hopefully they can tell me what went wrong.

I won't ever get the full amount of YA coz of work, I sort of need to be back on it because I have a deferred CLS scholarship from last year (I used to qualify for YA as a dependent, but my parents incomes/assets increased over the new year and I'm no longer eligible there).

HSC
Well, I just went back in. What it was is that they couldn't see how I'd worked out my earnings for the 18 month period, despite it being explained very clearly on the documents. The guy at the counter seriously could not see my point, but we got there in the end.

Hate centrelink.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)