• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Changes to 4u in 2014? (1 Viewer)

QuantumRoulette

HSC
I heard from a friend that the bos are taking conics and mechanics out of the MX2 syllabus and replacing them with matrices and statistics by term 4 2014.

My friend heard this from his tutor btw, just wondering if this is true. Can anyone confirm?

photastic

HSC
Apparently, they're adding conics into mx1 syllabus too. I have heard about the addition of matrices and statistics but it's not official (unless i'm blind), then let's deem it a rumor for now.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Apparently, they're adding conics into mx1 syllabus too. I have heard about the addition of matrices and statistics but it's not official (unless i'm blind), then let's deem it a rumor for now.
Yea I heard this too. Also heard they are taking binomial out from mx1

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard from a friend that the bos are taking conics and mechanics out of the MX2 syllabus and replacing them with matrices and statistics by term 4 2014.

My friend heard this from his tutor btw, just wondering if this is true. Can anyone confirm?
I've heard rumours of the introduction of matrices/stats too, but I don't think it'll be so soon. You would've heard more about it if it were true.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Some interesting (alledged) changes. Iff the above is somewhat true, then students will be prepared better for 1st year uni maths

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
cant really confirm but my maths lecturer (peter brown) says they might add matrices into high school maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)