Change of program for semester 2 (1 Viewer)

Ava

HSC
I want to change some units for semester 2 (I'm a first year student) but when I printed out the change of program form it had all these dates by which we could change our units and its all passed already (think the last one was early june). Also on the form it has automatically checked "semester 1"..which I can't seem to change.

I was wondering when I could be able top change units for semester 2 [if I still can]..does anyone know the time period of when this is possible and what i need to do - does the form online (that says sem. 1) change at the time the change of program is possible or do I need to change my units via different route?

Any help will be very very appreciated~

thanks!~ :p

Edit:

I forgot to add the reason I'm asking is cos I'm going overseas from July 8th - 28th so I'm getting kind of anxious to get this over with :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
hmm... have you tried unenrolling in certain units on e-student? (i dunno whether they've closed that function already... but you still might be able to, anyways you can drop a unit at the end/near end of August without academic penalty.)

and as CP put it.

Last edited:

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
yeah you can withdraw from units on estudent

Ava

HSC
^ Thanks, how about adding units?

Cos I want to drop some and add others....

X

xeuyrawp

Ava said:
^ Thanks, how about adding units?

Cos I want to drop some and add others....
You have to un-enroll in unwanted units before you can enroll in wanted ones, the computer doesn't like thinking you're enrolled in too many units. :)

You can change your units up till the end of the first week, but I'd say do it early.

- H -

HSC
-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=- said:
i think u've got up til 5th of july to do it on estudent. not sure.

Yeh, we have up till the 5th of July according to e-student. What a load of crap! The results aren't even out yet! :mad:

Nice to know that if we fail a subject this semester we can't do much to re enrol online ... or can we? Does anyone know if they are going to reopen estudent for online enrolments after results?- those on campus re enrolment things are a pain in the backside *sigh* we just can't win

X

xeuyrawp

- H - said:
Yeh, we have up till the 5th of July according to e-student. What a load of crap! The results aren't even out yet! :mad:

Nice to know that if we fail a subject this semester we can't do much to re enrol online ... or can we? Does anyone know if they are going to reopen estudent for online enrolments after results?- those on campus re enrolment things are a pain in the backside *sigh* we just can't win
That makes no sense. In first semester, you can do it till first week of term.

Something's not right. I'd ask someone other than eStudent.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
talk to estudent.

• New Undergraduate Bachelor degree students who started in the first half year of 2005 will be able to between the 17th June and the 5th July
    - add or drop units for second half 2005
    - choose or change second half year classes
  • Students who have re-enrolled in 2005 using eStudent can continue up to and including 5 July to
    - add or drop units for second half 2005
    - choose or change second half year classes

noticeboard > estudent news.

Ava

HSC
Thanks everyone, i think i might try taking some units off first before adding the new ones, and if that still doesnt work I'll have to email someone :D

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
only till 5th july wtf?!
Our results come out on 19 July (or thereabouts, i remember last yr u ppl cudnt log onto estudent :p) so if i dont get my cr in stat171 how the hell am i gonna un-enrol myself from acst211 if it closes 5 july :p I have to rely on psychic abilities now

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Supra said:
only till 5th july wtf?!
Our results come out on 19 July (or thereabouts, i remember last yr u ppl cudnt log onto estudent :p) so if i dont get my cr in stat171 how the hell am i gonna un-enrol myself from acst211 fi ti closes 5 july :p I have to rely on psychic abilities now
I know, it's lame. I think they might have messed up the noticeboard, wouldn't be the first time.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
well i just enrolled out of and into 2 subjects.

if you are enrolled in a subject, but dont meet the prerequisite for it, they automatically enrol you out of it. it happened to me last year.

from then, you have to go to uni to re-enrol in units that you want to. if your results arent good enough, then i'd suggest contact the uni asap and find out if you can enrol in units at uni before the term starts.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
that 5th july thing doesnt seem right (for estudent).

i think that they will stop everything on estudent from 5th July onward BUT they will open it up again either first week back or earlier. I think something similar happened last year where there was a time where no changes could be made in estudent but they reopened it later.

I want to know how ive gone in law114 to decide if i do another law unit or just do a psych/phil unit. Hmm, what to do...

Last edited:

Ava

HSC
My friend emailed someone for me already :)D sweet) and apparently..
"...on-campus change of programme will commence on
29 July and it is possible to add units until August 5 without
academic approval."

So I guess it is possible to wait until after our results come out.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
yeah, on campus changes would seem right but what about estudent, in terms of online adding/changing of units? (I guess it wouldnt make a difference to do the changes on campus, but online is sooooo much easier!).

Ava

HSC
"Subject - Web Change of Program Available Friday 17 June - Tuesday 5 July;
then again from Monday 25 July

Dear Student

From Friday 17 June 2005 through to Tuesday 5 July (inclusive), you will be
able to access eStudent to undertake web Change of Program for second
half-year and vacation units.

From Wednesday 6 July through to Sunday 24 July, we will remove your access
so that we can undertake necessary examination processing. You will be able
to access Change of Program again from Monday 25 July.

Change of Program access will provide you with the opportunity to enrol in
units, withdraw from units and change your classes. As always, you can
update your contact details, and of course, from 19 July, you will be able
to access your first half-year results."

Hmm, so I guess we can do it via eStudent after our results come out~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)