Change of interest (1 Viewer)

-JD

HSC
Hi guys,

Has anyone found their interests have changed a bit in yr11. For most of high schooling I've gone very well in english and very much enjoyed it, on the other hand with mathematics I was still decent but had a very up and down time and didn't look forward going to maths. Its been quite bizarre because over the past couple of weeks I'm starting to enjoy mathematics quite a lot and actually enjoy going to class, on the other hand with english I've found it quite a drag and while there are some aspects I do enjoy it really isn't close to my favourite subject anymore. I do both ex1's for eng and math and am now considering dropping eng ex1, I thought it would be the opposite, I really think its quite bizarre myself. Anyone experiencing/experienced the same thing?

I'd be interested to know.
-JD

muzeikchun852

HSC
i used to love maths. but now i hate 2u maths - is so damn boring for me. doing basic algerba and equation. :mad::mad: even worse than year 10. but im still enjoying 3u maths. :D:D

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Pre year 11 i despised english but the teacher is awesome and now i like it.

-JD

HSC
Yeah everyone starts out reviewing algebra, lol its better that your finding it too easy than being on the other end of the spectrum. It'll become a lot more challenging when the new concepts kick in.

0bs3n3

HSC
with mathematics I was still decent but had a very up and down time and didn't look forward going to maths. Its been quite bizarre because over the past couple of weeks I'm starting to enjoy mathematics quite a lot and actually enjoy going to class
Dude, same as me. I used to dread going to maths in year 9/10 but now it's one of my favourite subs.

klaris

HSC
I find 2U English dry compared to Extension.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
yeah 2unit maths is boring compared to 3u

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Year 11 is aye okay. I've adjusted now. How I adjusted is working really hard on my weak subjects. Now I'm doing quite well in them. Revise on a weekly basis (trying to make it daily) and try your best.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
My dislike of some teachers unfortunately leads to a dislike for some subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)