Change in EE2 Internal Assessments effective 2010. (1 Viewer)

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Board of Studies News: Official Notice - Internal assessment and the HSC examination in English Extension 2 from 2010

BOS 18/09

The following amendments have been made to the assessment and external examination in English Extension 2 with effect from the commencement of the 2010 HSC course.

Internal assessment

The components for the internal assessment will be the two course objectives, with equal weighting. The objectives are:

Objective 1: Skills in extensive independent investigation
Objective 2: Skills in sustained composition.

There will be three assessment tasks, as shown in the table below.

1. Viva Voce addressing the proposal for the Major Work

2. Report - The impact of independent investigation on the development of the Major Work

3. Draft version of the Major Work, and reflection on progress to date

Students will also be required to submit their Major Work Journal at least three times at key points during the course.

Further advice on the scope, nature and timing of each assessment task will be provided in Term 3, 2009.

External HSC examination

The Major Work and the Reflection Statement will be awarded separate marks, out of 40 and 10 respectively. Revised HSC marking guidelines will be published on the Board of Studies website during Term 4, 2009.

Effective: Commencement of 2010 HSC Course

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Two separate marks for reflection statement and MW?
Glad it isn't in effect for this year. :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Seems like overall positive changes, in my opinion.
And the individual marking system for MW and statement is good, too.

accio.brain

HSC
Gosh i'd be so screwed if that was effective this yr. If my teacher got to mark my actual draft... =.=

Fenwickinho

HSC
Hmm.. yeah glad that isn't in effect this year.

I've done alot of planning and research, and left the writing and editing till near the end (its just the way I work best) - the whole idea of getting a draft done.. I guess its good for most people, but it sure wouldn't work well for me!

E

Empyrean444

Now all they have to do is get rid of that bs about connexions to the other english courses.

jess39

HSC
I wish we had this. Then some of our assessment mark would actually be based on what we had written. :mad1:

Plus, it's pretty much one less assessment. Because you'd be doing the last one anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)