Change in degree outline from 2015 to 2016 (1 Viewer)

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
So I'm a second year eng/sci student and I'm majoring in Mechanical. The name of the degree in 2015 was just Bachelor of Engineering with the degree of Bachelor of Science but now in 2016 it's Bachelor of Engineering with Honours with the degree of Bachelor of Science. I'm curious as to whether I'm going to graduate with a BE or a BE(hons) as their was no engineering Honours course last year IIRC.

Also, in the core 100 units for Mechanical a unit I'd already completed ENGG141 was removed now it's not compulsory to the degree, so did I do it for nothing?

Last Question, If I change my Degree into just Engineering would I merge with 2016 outline or will it continue with the 2015 outline, or if I changed to Software Engineering would I change to the 2016 outline?

Edit - Also Mechanical Engineering wasn't accredited by Engineering Australia when I applied for it in 2015 but it now is for the 2016 course, so what does this mean for me?

Thank You

Last edited:

Silly Sausage

HSC
So I'm a second year eng/sci student and I'm majoring in Mechanical. The name of the degree in 2015 was just Bachelor of Engineering with the degree of Bachelor of Science but now in 2016 it's Bachelor of Engineering with Honours with the degree of Bachelor of Science. I'm curious as to whether I'm going to graduate with a BE or a BE(hons) as their was no engineering Honours course last year IIRC.

Also, in the core 100 units for Mechanical a unit I'd already completed ENGG141 was removed now it's not compulsory to the degree, so did I do it for nothing?

Last Question, If I change my Degree into just Engineering would I merge with 2016 outline or will it continue with the 2015 outline, or if I changed to Software Engineering would I change to the 2016 outline?

Edit - Also Mechanical Engineering wasn't accredited by Engineering Australia when I applied for it in 2015 but it now is for the 2016 course, so what does this mean for me?

Thank You
To get into honours you'll need a credit-average minimum.
No, you did not do it for nothing.
You you should follow the 2016 outline (you should probably ask the faculty about this).

It is provisionally accredited by EA atm.
Once the first cohort graduates and are of sufficient standard, it would be fully accredited.
Generally, some jobs do require EA accredited degrees. The accreditation goes along with the Washington Accord:
http://www.ieagreements.org/Washington-Accord/

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
Thanks for answering these questions as well, I submitted a AskMq question about the 2016 outline like you said.

But 1 last thing I'm curious about, what happens to my GPA when I change to a single degree? Will all the subjects I've done transfer on my academic record, I have 2 Failed Absent subjects what about these?

Silly Sausage

HSC
Thanks for answering these questions as well, I submitted a AskMq question about the 2016 outline like you said.

But 1 last thing I'm curious about, what happens to my GPA when I change to a single degree? Will all the subjects I've done transfer on my academic record, I have 2 Failed Absent subjects what about these?
You will keep your transcript and GPA with the science subjects regardless.
As for your absent fails, if you want to transfer unis UAC will calculate the all your marks regardless if you've failed a few subjects as they will stay on your transcript.

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
Alright, well those are all my questions you really cleared everything up.

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)