Chances of getting a 99+ atar (1 Viewer)

HSC
So basically im doing compressed did my first year and kinda fucked up cause i didnt have much of goal and barely studied untill term 3. But now i'm interested in dent so i basically need around 99+.

last year i did

Bio - 94
Chem - 87
Math - 85 ( external was 91 but got shafted by my ranking )

this year im doing

Eng adv
Physics
Software design

im pretty confident i can rank 1 in phy and sdd but eng will be kind of annoying cause i havent done it in over a year.

do you guys think if i get 95+ in physics and sdd and B6 in eng i could get a 99 would a 99 be possible or is it a pipe dream cause of chem. ( i forgot to say but math wont count and are there any specific marks i should aim for )

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
95 in physics and sdd, and 90 in eng adv gives you 98.60 on uac atar compass
so you would need a bit higher than that to get 99+
keep in mind, 95 is pretty hard to get in physics, perhaps sdd is where you could gain marks?

EnglishSweat

HSC
Hey there, I will just say that year 11 is not an indication of year 12. It is a clean slate and anything is possible if you work hard from now till HSC. Even once trials are done, not everything is set in stone.

English Adv has a huge impact on your ATAR as everyone (almost) does it.

liamkk112

HSC
from looking at uac atar compass (most trustworthy atar calculator) u would probably need 95+ in software and physics, as well as a lower band 6 for english to scrape 99 atar. i would say that is very possible if u believe u can rank 1 physics and sdd, the main mark to push up would then be english. keep in mind though that as dentistry/medicine is such a competitive degree, your atar would likely need to exceed 99 atar by a fair amount, eg usyd u would need ~99.7, csu u would need ucat as well but maybe not such a high atar requirement, latrobe ~99.65+ etc. that being said some universities do technically have a lower threshold eg jcu supposedly has 88 atar requirement, however their median atar is 98.65 but i would say you would again need higher to be competitive. so it really depends where u want to study dentistry, but if u push urself and u really want to do dental it is not impossible, u just need to push the 3 subjects' marks that youre taking this year as far as u can.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Hey there, I will just say that year 11 is not an indication of year 12. It is a clean slate and anything is possible if you work hard from now till HSC. Even once trials are done, not everything is set in stone.

English Adv has a huge impact on your ATAR as everyone (almost) does it.
no but hes already done 6 units last year and doing 6 units this year. so at least 4 units of his atar are already confirmed

HSC
from looking at uac atar compass (most trustworthy atar calculator) u would probably need 95+ in software and physics, as well as a lower band 6 for english to scrape 99 atar. i would say that is very possible if u believe u can rank 1 physics and sdd, the main mark to push up would then be english. keep in mind though that as dentistry/medicine is such a competitive degree, your atar would likely need to exceed 99 atar by a fair amount, eg usyd u would need ~99.7, csu u would need ucat as well but maybe not such a high atar requirement, latrobe ~99.65+ etc. that being said some universities do technically have a lower threshold eg jcu supposedly has 88 atar requirement, however their median atar is 98.65 but i would say you would again need higher to be competitive. so it really depends where u want to study dentistry, but if u push urself and u really want to do dental it is not impossible, u just need to push the 3 subjects' marks that youre taking this year as far as u can.
fr cooking up 3 state ranks o_O 🙏

lolcti

HSC
N/A
damn why would u do 3 accelerated subjects and hardest ones too

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
i don't think even if i tried my hardest 96 just won't happen for eng
honestly try your hardest anyway and aim for the highest atar you can feasibly achieve

don't be too bummed out if you don't make it to usyd dent bcz it's clearly very competitive and it's very common for people to try the postgrad pathway after doing oral health or some other degree at usyd (or anywhere)

a high atar even if it's not 99 is not a waste it'll land you other great undergrads that you can consider as pathways to dent

then again, it's not impossible for you to get 99 in ur current situation but its def gonna take high marks in your remaining HSC to make up for the b5s. with adjustment I'm sure 99 atars are considered by usyd so you might not need 99.7

liamkk112

HSC
honestly try your hardest anyway and aim for the highest atar you can feasibly achieve

don't be too bummed out if you don't make it to usyd dent bcz it's clearly very competitive and it's very common for people to try the postgrad pathway after doing oral health or some other degree at usyd (or anywhere)

a high atar even if it's not 99 is not a waste it'll land you other great undergrads that you can consider as pathways to dent

then again, it's not impossible for you to get 99 in ur current situation but its def gonna take high marks in your remaining HSC to make up for the b5s. with adjustment I'm sure 99 atars are considered by usyd so you might not need 99.7
unfortunately u do literally need 99.7, it is the minimum requirements, it is actually insane, and worst of all thats indicative meaning it can be higher if they choose to (check the usyd website)

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
unfortunately u do literally need 99.7, it is the minimum requirements, it is actually insane, and worst of all thats indicative meaning it can be higher if they choose to (check the usyd website)
oh fk times have changed
back in my day it was 99.6 but if u were eligible for a certain E12 scheme (dk what it's called now) you could get it lowered to 99.0 😥
99.7 minimum is crazy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)