HSC
I'm aiming to transfer from the Bachelor of Communication at UWS to either:

Preferences 1 to 5
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism), UTS
Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) at University of Sydney
Bachelor of Media (Communication and Journalism) at UNSW
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) and in Int Stds, UTS
Bachelor of Arts - Media at Macquarie University

My GPA is 5.75 with a WAM of 76.13. As an aside, I was one mark off a HD in one unit. Stupid group work. Would've given me a GPA of 6.00. I'm not sure what my ATAR is any more, as I finished high school in 2000 and to be honest I've forgotten. I've also got a completed AQF Diploma of Business (Administration) 1.0y FTE, as well as an old completed STAT with an overall mark of 157 (better than 68% of those sitting test). How are my chances? Obviously it depends on the quality of applicants whether I get in or not, but all things being equal and things change as little as they often do, how high should I get my hopes up?

chaminda

HSC
Well for me I studied electrical engineering for 4 years, 2 at UNSW and 2 at UTS and decided to do mining engineering after at UNSW so I had to transfer and my WAM was crap when I applied. I got the offer in 2007 to study mining eng. For you your WAM looks good and I have a feeling that you should get your first preference at UTS.

SmokedDuck

HSC
How about the rest of my preferences? Are there any I can safely rule out? This is the ATAR required for each of them

ATAR 94.05 - Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism), UTS
ATAR 98.5 - Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) at University of Sydney
ATAR 91 - Bachelor of Media (Communication and Journalism) at UNSW
ATAR 97.15 - Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) and in Int Stds, UTS
ATAR 84.25 - Bachelor of Arts - Media at Macquarie University

chaminda

HSC
Hi SmokedDuck,

Well to be honest im not sure what courses you can safely rule out. Well, say that you don't get your first preference you can always do the first year at the university you are offered and try to transfer to the university you really want and get exemptions for the subjects you have already studied.

panicstation

HSC
Not sure and wish I'd read this earlier. If you don't get into Journalism, the better thing to do is to pick one that's easier . . . say, writing or information and media because you can do the first three journalism subjects as electives now. And, while I wish you luck, be careful what you wish for. It's a ton of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)