Chance of getting E4 in Ext 1 Maths???!!! (1 Viewer)

moonbear129

HSC
Heyyyy

okay, so I come from a "low ranking" school, so I know it's important for me to come first in my subjects as I won't be getting any school benefits..(?) yeah..

BUT i kinda failed my Ext1 maths in terms of assessments and half-yearlies that I've taken so far..
Term 4: exam mark: 70% progression mark:67% (i don't remember my ranking)
Term 1: half yearlies: 56% rank 15/18 (i know..don't' even ask :'( it was below average)

Then i have one more assessment coming up this week before my trials next term..So i was wondering how well do I have to do in both the upcoming assessment and my trials to get E4? I probably don't even have a chance... >.< I guess I need to take my actual HSC exam mark into account as well..ahh i don't know

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
To be honest YES you probably don't have a chance at E4 but it doesn't mean you should try and do the best you can.

Maybe Ext 1 might not be for you, ie its taking up too much time, time better spent on improving your other subjects.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
school rank?
its really hard to answer these types of questions but if you go to a low ranked school, you probably need to be in the top 3 ish if you're really going for an E4

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
school rank?
its really hard to answer these types of questions but if you go to a low ranked school, you probably need to be in the top 3 ish if you're really going for an E4
Agree with rumbleroar, however the lower downs the rank your school is, the more volatile the performance of cohorts are so there is a miniscule chance if you lift your game of getting a band 6.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
OP if you think that your MX1 marks are as a result of silly mistakes or because of not spending too much time on MX1 then you have a chance. Ultimately it is up to you. Don't get into the trap of fooling and telling yourself MX1 is for you when really it may not be. The best person to ask is YOU. Think, do you think that you can ramp it up? Is it because you don t understand the content? You could seek tutoring if the content is the problem. And by all means, you can prove maratyeu wrong. Good luck

moonbear129

HSC
thank you for your responses! yeah, my school rank is low..that's one of the reasons why i was worrying so much as well >.<
my school rank is around~150...

i'm thinking, if i don't get one of the top marks for all the upcoming assessments, i may have consider just taking 2unit because i have no problem in that..

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
25% of a cohort of a 600+ school got e4 in it (source : me).

So you can do it!

Its possible.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
thank you for your responses! yeah, my school rank is low..that's one of the reasons why i was worrying so much as well >.<
my school rank is around~150...

i'm thinking, if i don't get one of the top marks for all the upcoming assessments, i may have consider just taking 2unit because i have no problem in that..
That's not even a low school ranking lol. I'm pretty sure you can get an E4.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
fuarkkkk, zyzz is that you brah?
If you exclude the people who shouldnt even be doing 3u, ie the people who dont fair well in 2u, the average would be mid 70s.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)