CF Creation of a set (1 Viewer)

passion89

HSC
Heya,
I have to design a set in which a crime takes place as part of my own, 'original' TV show. I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Should I do it on computer...or draw it? What things should I include in the set. I'm thinking of doing Golden Age OR hard boiled.

B35tY

HSC
What about a 3D model, that's what i'd attempt (not being the artistic type, I'd probably fail). That might not be your thing though.

Conceptually it shouldn't be too hard. A golden age set could basically be a reproduction of the description at the start of "The Real Inspector Hound", although without the dead body so it isn't too obvious. Even if you're told its too generic, the whole Golden Age thing is very generic, so you're really only sticking to the genre's conventions. That was the whole point of Stoppard's satire, so it's well established.

Hard-boiled would also be quite easy, how about a film-noir street setting with rain and shady-looking side streets filled with drug dealers etc? Make good use of shadow and i'm sure it'd be great

Porcia

HSC
diorama... go back to basics - the teacher loves it... screw computers cause u'll waste time fiddling with gay crap, but the good old diorama.. yumm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)