Cert II Animal Studies (1 Viewer)

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
Is anyone from here doing it this year at Ultimo?
What's it like?

I'm a bit nervous/excited =D

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
hi!

i did Animal Studies last year. Its a pretty good course :) half of its got to do with OH&S policies, workplace communications, and receptionist duties. you learn a lot about cleaning and general care of animals that u would come across in a vet hospital environment. (although it differs depending on what strand u do...i did the vet nursing strand and the other one is the companion animal strand).

towards the end of the course we learn how to handle animals, apply basic first aid, learn about daily clinic duties, the different equipment used in a surgery, how to prepare a pack. the work is mostly presented on powerpoint and videos.

theres also a lot of practical sessions, like the teacher brings in animals for u to handle, etc etc. thats the fun part :) u get to bring in ur animal if u want to.

oh u must also obtain some kind of paid or unpaid work at a vet hospital if ur doing the vet nursing strand. cos @ the end of each unit of work theres a green third party evidence sheet ur supervisor must sign, like a competency sheet.

good luck with it! :wave:

Elibum

HSC
i hope to get into animal studies for semester 2... ultimo would be my first option... i now wish i had applied for semester 1 but oh well..
does anybody know if there is courses that maintain more on reptiles?

AHS08

HSC
Hey, how are you? im wanting to do the certificate II in animal studies for semester 2 and just waiting to be accepted. when accepted you have to go for an interview, what type of questions do they ask?

thank you

Elibum

HSC
Hey i also applied for Animal studies 2
My first location was Bankstown, Campbeltown then Richmond What about you?
Umm.. im not sure we have to have an interview.. isnt it just the questions on the application form then if we get accepted then we just enroll and then start the course? well thats how i thought it was..
i cant wait til the end of june. I really wanna know if i got into the course and where at...
Eloise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)