Cert 4 or Diploma to uni (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
Cert 4 or Diploma to uni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im just wondering I got a uai of 62 last yr and this year doing Crt 4 Network management i was wondering does any uni look at Cert IV results to gain entrance into uni I just wanna get in in either uws maq or acu ????

Im also doin a couple of subs I done crapin last year so when I fill out the uac application at the end of the year do I put NRSL or RSL ????????
or can i use both of my CIV results and UAI?????

Ne chance if I dont get into my course I wanted due to my uai lower then the cutoff would this CIV boost me ??????

malkin86

HSC
It depends from course to course and uni to uni as to whether they'll give you advanced standing for your CIV. I don't know about the rest.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh, just to be clear, you need a completed cert 4 or diploma to get exemptions and advanced standing...

leathaface

Western Sydney indeed looks at Certificate IV...

Don't bother trying with
UNSW or USYD because its extremely hard and they don't look at Cert Iv.

You can also try Macquarie university because they are pretty light about the requirements of entry.

Take it from me...

Incomplete Diploma transferred to MAQ!
(Half a year only on Diploma as opposed to the full year)

Just get something like a distinction/credit average reort and it'll be good!

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
id done information technology cert 2 in school
and ive had exemptions fo my course right now ...so i dont do any exams for those subject..... so if the uni sees that may exemptions have no mark only a "advance standing" would that decrease my chances in entrance to any uni?

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
You really should do a diploma if you wanna transfer into a uni.

doing/repeating hsc subjects at the same time is a good idea too as long as you put the effort in.

you put RSL on your uac form. the rules say if your doing any hsc units then youre considered a RSL.
you have to fill out a seperate form saying your doing a C4/diploma and send it in to them or fill it out online.

klh

HSC
well why would advance standing decrease your chances?
the answer i think is no.
do you have a particualr uni you want to get into?
than the appropriate poeple can post and give you advice.
also questions like you marks? and do oyu wnat to complete only cIV and transfer or do a dip?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)