centrelink benefits for students living on campus? (1 Viewer)

The Hoff

HSC
N/A
anyone live on campus? i was just wondering if they get the youth allowance away from home rate AND rent assistance, and how much it is per fortnight?

ive already been told of one person that does but i was just wondering if anyone else does too

cause getting those 2 benefits would help pay 4 oncampus accomodation heaps

thanks

The Hoff

The Hoff

HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
the amount varies as it depends on factors - ask centrelink when u fill out the application :)
also have you ensured you are elgible for it? because not just anyone can get it.
well i cant qualify at the moment cause my parents income is too mcuh

so im doing the whole 17000 in 18 months thing and by that stage i will qualify as independent

The Hoff

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
I live on campus, and yes you can get YA + rent assistance- thats what I get.
You have to be considered independent (having earnt the threshold amount of money) before you can claim for it. I ge $406 a fortnigh in total which is ~$326 for YA and the rest for rent assistance
nice

thankyou

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A

The Hoff

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
For me thats done automatically. Becuase when I show them my lease agreement which finishes the 28th Nov, they automatically stop my rent assistance payments and just pay me YA. I still pay rent over the mid year break b/w semesters even if I go home.

Remember also, if you are working, you can only earn up to $236 a fortnight before your payments start getting affected. If you dont work, $236 gets accredited to your student income bank, so when you do work and you are over the threshold your payments are not affected until you income bacnk is down to 0
so they basically encourage you to work less? thats ridiculous

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Do any good maths-type people know the maximum ammount money of money you can get from the government without working too hard?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
The Hoff said:
so they basically encourage you to work less? thats ridiculous
Ah the financial disincentives of the welfare system...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)