Catholic Trials (1 Viewer)

Gemstone

I don't see this thread up anywhere so I guess I'll start it.

How did everyone go in Paper 2.

I think I went alright. Got a bit of a shock with the Wilfred Owen question cos we'd been told they could only specify 2 and they had 3. I still think I did alright though.

Section I I knew the most on so I wrote heaps on that - 3 pages

Section II well as I said the using 3 poems bit through me a bit

Section III - I had like a conversation so that was pretty easy. I could have refered to my second text better though.

Gems

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Im trying to remember the questions so i can remember how i went (a little help here).

I wrote a total of 12 pages by memory. 5 in section I, 3 in II and 4 in III,

geez where has my head gone... mayb into IPT tomorrow mode. Anyone remember the questions??

xeriphic

hmm I have IPT tomorrow too, good luck

for me today pretty good exam too weren't so difficult, had a bit of shock for module A though but it was alright in the end, total of 14 pages for me

for module a it was about how dialogue represent human interactions

for module b it was how owen convey his idea through his poems

for module c it was conflict between two friends about the topic of individual and institutions

that is based on my school chosen modules

`|<|2o|\|aLd`

Gemstone said:
I think I went alright. Got a bit of a shock with the Wilfred Owen question cos we'd been told they could only specify 2 and they had 3. I still think I did alright though.

Gems
Well we were told to prepare 4. Our teacher said even when it says "at least THREE poems" it actually means four.
Anyway, i was a bit thrown by the conversation. I mean ive never written anything like that but it wasnt too difficult.

Gemstone

The Wilfred Owen question I can't remember it exactly. Hmm let me think.... I'll get back to you on it. Does anyone else remember it?
Well we were told to prepare 4. Our teacher said even when it says "at least THREE poems" it actually means four.
Anyway, i was a bit thrown by the conversation. I mean ive never written anything like that but it wasnt too difficult
We were told to know all of them because they can specify one in the question, but that in the question they could only ask for at least TWO poems to be refered too.

I doubt that if they say at least three they mean four otherwise they'd just say four. Plus they can't mark you down if you only use three and they can't give you more marks for using four. It's just a matter of how you use them to answer the question.

Gems

Last edited:

`|<|2o|\|aLd`

The exact question was : " Explain how the set poems you have studied communicate ideas effectively to the reader. Refer in detail to at least THREE of the set poems"

As for the amount of poems we have to refer to, i would never trust those awful people at the board of studies. I referred to four because thats what we were told. Meh guess it doesnt matter now.

`|<|2o|\|aLd`

oh another thing, We were also told that if we had to refer to a specific poem, they would most propbably give it to us in the exam.

Gemstone

`|<|2o|\|aLd` said:
oh another thing, We were also told that if we had to refer to a specific poem, they would most propbably give it to us in the exam.
Ye we were told that too but I've done exam papers where they haven't given the whole poem they've just given one or two lines.

thekeg

Catholic paper questions

Hi everyone,
just wondering if anyone had the exact quetions from the paper on
Module A - Experience Through Language Elective II: Dialogue The Club by David Williamson
Module B - Close Study Of Text Witness by Peter Weir (Film)
Module C - Institution and Individual Raw by Scott Monk

I would appreciate if anyone could remember the questiobs cause i sure cant

thanks dave

HSC
i cant remember exactly, but it was something along the lines of write the transcript of two friends who are arguing over the affect institutions have had on some stage of there lives.. refer to ur presicribed text and TWO related...
at least i think it was like that... that was the RAw question anyways... sorry i dunno the other two

rob333

HSC
thekeg said:
Hi everyone,
just wondering if anyone had the exact quetions from the paper on
Module A - Experience Through Language Elective II: Dialogue The Club by David Williamson
Module B - Close Study Of Text Witness by Peter Weir (Film)
Module C - Institution and Individual Raw by Scott Monk

I would appreciate if anyone could remember the questions cause i sure cant

thanks dave[/QUOTE

Does anyone???

nova

HSC
Howd u guys all go?

I came 5th in my grade (out of around 80 doing st eng) with 63/105 for paper 1 and 2!

Top mark was 80, then 70.5,69,66

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
nova said:
Howd u guys all go?

I came 5th in my grade (out of around 80 doing st eng) with 63/105 for paper 1 and 2!

Top mark was 80, then 70.5,69,66
that sounds similar to my schools. about 85 doing standard english. i got 69 and think i am in the top 5 or so. not sure about the highest marks though...

hihi

HSC
can anyone remember the essay questions on Henry Lawson, Witness and 'Into The World'?

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
well i did shit in it..... boo hoo.... the highest mark was 65 and for advance the highest mark was 102 yes

Shimtek

HSC
I came first at my school, for standard

Only got 70% though, like 73/105 or something of the like

Fact is that most people who do standard are pathetically stupid so someone like me can beat them all on 1 hours study for each exam ^_^

anyways, im still bathing in the glory.

Should have kept with advanced.

Note: came 5th in one section and first in the other two (i went realy bad in the skryzynecki & provided sources papers and still got 5th with 50% in that part)
Kicked the absolute crap outta everyone else for the other two sections, especially institution and the letter question.

I still cant get over how easy standard is, considering my poor marks in everything else

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That exam brought new meaning to the word f***ed. The questions were reasonable, but talk about race against the clock!

Fairytale

HSC
N/A
How did you people go in Briar Rose? The highest mark in my grade for that section was 10/20. Maybe my teachers are hard markers. Did anyone get a good mark for that section? I wanna an example of a perfect essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)