Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

christina88

HSC
not just you.. seemingly everyone else who feels they need a scapegoat.

schmo

helper said:
If they used the catholic papers for all eight, they have broken a legal contract that states you will do the paper on the day specified or later. As the CSSA said, it happens every year.

Sure Cheltenham should be told, we are no longer going to supply you with trials for breaking security arrangments. I'm interested why no-one is having a go at the tutors that also apparently were teaching from it.
That is precisely what I mean, Cheltenham only used the English catholic paper, nothing else...so I don't know why our internally written exams affect the rest of the state.

In terms of terminating the providing of CSSA papers to Cheltenham, I doubt that anyone at Cheltenham would want to touch another CSSA paper after this mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

helper

HSC
N/A
So the media is making a fuss over nothing. Isn't that strange.
Or are they pushing to have two external exams. The trial and the HSC?

chelto_girl

HSC
half the stuff the media said wasnt true. its sad the way the media portrayed us.
it really does hurt to see them say things like that about us.
they went on about how it caused students stress because they had to do it again, but what about us who have to put up with all the comments? ive had 3 or 4 people already have a go at me and i didnt do anything except sit the exam.

christina88

HSC
the media i presume is just looking for another story, and this time, the popular majority is out of favour for cheltenham girls, and thus the school is portrayed so.
it's such a shame, but we'll stand strongly together and get through this, teachers and students. and we'll cane the hsc too. *touchwood*

TRUTH UNITY CONCORD!!:)

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
extracts of relevant parts of the ch7 story...

Anchor: Students at four sydney high schools will be forced to sit a trial HSC exam beacuse of a bungle that could have given them advance knowlege of the questions. But those effected say they are being penalised for a teacher's mistake

Reporter: Most of the state sits the exams on the same day, starting last Monday. But Cheltenham Girls high school somehow jumped the gun

STUDENT: " I think cheltenham admin has alot to answer for"

Reporter: Somehow the Cheltenham girls sat two english exams and the aural music exam a couple of days early" The Cssa who sets the exams calls this a very serious breach.

Reporter: The DET says there is no problem. Chgs changed the questions and none of the questions left the exam room.
But [four schools] are making their students sit all or part of the exams

STUDENT: The dates they are scheduled on are in the middle of a heap of major works"

REPORTER: The education department says this is little than an inconvienience, its just more good practise for students getting ready for the real thing. But try telling that to them.

STUDENT "Yeah you know, its just a load of crap"

dreamon36

HSC
the only revlevent part of the chan 9 story:

"really really annoying" - by my mate Sam, loitering in front a his car like some 80s American high school student. classic.

Nd some random shot of a year 11 kid walking with books.

jessied

HSC
it was on the local news up here... apparently you's dont have to re-sit the exam (unless your school makes you) the preimer made a comment, pretty funny

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
yesssss haha.. sam vs iemma

either way, both news reports highlight what we already know cheltenham sucks, and rofl at the girl who said "but we'll stand strongly together and get through this", do you feel your integrity has been compromised?? haha

brightsea

HSC
and if the board only thinks it's an inconvinence and good practise, good for them. they can send a representative, preferably an ex-english teacher to sit my exam (if i have to redo it), because frankly i don't need the pressure/stress/anxiety/"practise" of another exam worth 30%.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
"You doin ho activities, With ho tendencies, Hos are your friends and hoes are your enemies"

in other words Cheltham sux, and should shutup, becuase they dont have to sit 2 2 hour exams again ...

knobblett

HSC
Hahah, NSB Represent.

Ch 9 did it better than 7 or 10.. pffft.. at least got quality students to give opinions reflecting those of the student body

schmo

SSaint said:
yesssss haha.. sam vs iemma

either way, both news reports highlight what we already know cheltenham sucks, and rofl at the girl who said "but we'll stand strongly together and get through this", do you feel your integrity has been compromised?? haha
Again with the personal attacks. I don't see how personal attacks will make any difference. There is no need to personally attack and abuse individual girls. This is unfair and also hurtful. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but there is no need to express them if they are aimed to hurt people.

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
brightsea said:
and if the board only thinks it's an inconvinence and good practise, good for them. they can send a representative, preferably an ex-english teacher to sit my exam (if i have to redo it), because frankly i don't need the pressure/stress/anxiety/"practise" of another exam worth 30%.
u tell it like it is sista !

keira72

First Hand

Thankyou to the one person who stook up for the students. Its not our fault that we did the ppr early, we werent even told that it was the catholic paper! and im gonna add shit to the fire and say that before anyone goes on saying that it was only guys schools who have to redo the test, u can shove that you arragant sexist pig! have u never heard of carlingford?? And the rumors going around our school is that it was actually someone at Normanhurst BOYS who put the questions on the internet, after someone told from our school.
And we dont all run around basing our actions on what would impress guys and get us married, what world exactly do you think we live in, Jane Austen's time??
You try getting harrased by the media and everyone your age in sydney about somthing that you had no control over then see how you feel about it...
I can tell you first hand that MS Marshal (yes she is a woman for that person who has written the letter, maybe you should do a little more research first) appologises to everyone, and she is being investigated by the board, along with numerous other staff members, so dont think that heads aren't rolling over here. And it was ONLY the english paper that was a "breach", nothing else was released b/c the other pprs that we do are made by our teachers, we generally dont use catholic papers for the other subjects.
I feel for all the ppl who have to redo sections of the trial, and it does suck majorly, but mistakes do happen and its up to the board to fix it now. i no its all very well for me to say this b/c i dont have to redo it, but i no plenty of ppl who do. And if u have studied, its more practice for you for the HSC and it will help you learn your material better, come the actual HSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)