Catholic Trials 2004 (CSSA) (1 Viewer)

Egghead

HSC
Hey, I had this today... I found Section II to be the killer though. What did you think of it?

Also what two topics did you do for Section III? I did Transaction Processes (Did an assesment on it earlier) and Multimedia Systems (I found that the easiest after having done multimedia stuff on my pc before.) The other 2 looked like shit.

I think I went alright.. Sucks to be one who did all the Section III questions if they didn't see the rules on the front page or up the top.. :cool:

atschamp

HSC
N/A
Yeah.. i did Decision support systems and Multimedia.. wasnt too bad...

the multi choice was harder then i thought tho............... not too hard but just harder..

did u like get switch for the LAN one i wasnt sure about that.. or like 6 or 7 of them lol....... but yeah the option topics wernt too bad.. the exam was just longg and boring like an english comprehension :'(

atschamp

HSC
N/A
yea multichoice like q7 or so answers were

a hub
b switch
c router
d bridge

forget question......... i had b :)

Gemstone

Well I think I did alright. I wrote a heck of a lot. 10 pages. My options TPS and Multimedia.

Oh I had a question for those who do multimedia. You know that question that said something about a storyboard. Did it just mean draw a storyboard for the site thing. I asked everyone after the exam but no one seemed to know.

Gems

atschamp

HSC
N/A
i did the trial.... and multimedia as an option.. i didnt draw a storyboard... nor do i have any idea what ur talkin about lol? which question was it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
... there was a storyboard that everyone had to do... and one in multimedia
the one everyone had to do was on some archelogical thing, the multimedia one was that
mykudos.com website

rckl

HSC
there were two storyboards u have to construct.... if i am not wrong

one is in section II
u have to construct a hierarchical layout....

if u r doing multimedia for one of ur option,
the other one is in Multimedia
u have to design one of the layout storyboard..... and yes,... it was the mykadus.com... something like that
------

do u guys remember there is a question on database?
to choose approriate field's name and something about normalisation..

i drew a schemtic diagram... and seprated the two tables into three tables for the purpose of normalisation.... so yeah.. i'm not sure if i did it correct or not.. and i'm not sure weather i should draw a schemtic diagram for this question.. but yeah i did it anyway to shows relationships.....

anyone have any suggestion to this question? do u think is that the right way to do it? because that question worth 5 marks or something like that..

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
atschamp said:
yea multichoice like q7 or so answers were

a hub
b switch
c router
d bridge

forget question......... i had b :)
ats, i think the answer was C: router. by memory it said the device "remembers" address. a router is smater that a switch adn remembers, or mayb that wasnt it the question. i dunno but i put router... and router are more efficient. mayb it was that. oh i cant remember now. stupid exam

nice little town you live in there by the way, good old G-ville. what skool?

As for the story boards, yes in the multimedia you had to draw a story board... stupid story boards!!

rckl

HSC
did anyone of you remember to construct a storyboard in of the question from SECTION II?

or am i the only one who did it wrong?

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Hey people

are there any solutions for the CSSA 2002 paper? i could really use some

thx

Gemstone

There was a storyboard in section 2 for the archeaology thing. There was another story board in multimedia (BTW thanks for clearing that up for me).

Whoever it was that said the stuff about the normalising question I think your right. I didn't quiet understand the question or something and completely forgot about schematic diagrams. I just wrote stuff down. I thought the question seemed too simple. Oh well that's only one question I messed up. We did database so long ago anyway.

Gems

rckl

HSC
Gemstone said:
There was a storyboard in section 2 for the archeaology thing. There was another story board in multimedia (BTW thanks for clearing that up for me).

Whoever it was that said the stuff about the normalising question I think your right. I didn't quiet understand the question or something and completely forgot about schematic diagrams. I just wrote stuff down. I thought the question seemed too simple. Oh well that's only one question I messed up. We did database so long ago anyway.

Gems
ahh.. ok cool... thanx

wakarimashita

Seraph said:
Hey people

are there any solutions for the CSSA 2002 paper? i could really use some

thx
i want to work out the solutions for you guys, but no-ones posting up the question paper....

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
wakarimashita said:
i want to work out the solutions for you guys, but no-ones posting up the question paper....
The paper is not allowed to be released until 2 weeks after the official sitting. so they probably should not be posted on the internet yet.... at least thats what i thought was the rule!! :)

wakarimashita

disco_dave said:
The paper is not allowed to be released until 2 weeks after the official sitting. so they probably should not be posted on the internet yet.... at least thats what i thought was the rule!! :)
oh ops.. sorry, totally forgot about those release dates (its been 2 years since i was in year 12 ;) )

anyways, post it up whenever u guys can, and ill work out the answers :)

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
hehe, your forgiven. wouldnt like to break the rules of the cathic system... ooo youd go straight to... detention ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)