Catholic Trial (1 Viewer)

miss_pie

HSC
anyone here do it 2day?
it wasnt 2 bad except for the last question (music1 exam). Pitch and durantion didnt give you much to go with, my teacher thought it was a shit question aswell.

chepas

HSC
Yeh I did the '04 Catholic trial too (Music 2 though). My mates in Music 1 weren't fans of that exam though from what they tell me... For the Mus2 had issues with the essay question, in the respect that it said "refer to the piece of music in question 3" - How did that George Crumb piece have anything to do with music in the past? What didd everyone else define as 'past'? To me past means from sort of, before the weird 20th century stuff starts, even though that is a really hazy line, like the one between all the other styles....

?? APart from that I actually liked that exam, except for the fact I gave wafer thin responses.

Last edited:

cayte

You'll probably find that that's all you have time for when it actually comes to your final exam (wafer-thin responses that is). The format doesn't really lend itself to in-depth responses as you're no doubt aware!!

neonazi

im guessin if they say other music in the past, they want u to talk about music u studied in ur additional topic, which lies in a time period before the mandatory topic. thats how i would interpret that anyways.

chepas

HSC
cayte said:
The format doesn't really lend itself to in-depth responses as you're no doubt aware!!
True true... Especially with 6-8 minutes after hearing the last playing of the pieces to write a 4 mark something about techniques, not much time to think! Ended up using some essay time to 'finish' the answers to those questions...

neonazi said:
im guessin if they say other music in the past, they want u to talk about music u studied in ur additional topic, which lies in a time period before the mandatory topic. thats how i would interpret that anyways.
Ooh never thought of it like that!

chepas

HSC
^^ LOL. No wasn't sarcastic, I'm sorry... :D

Though sarcasm and dad jokes are my gifts in real life...

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
OMG the George Crumb piece sucked serious shit, i was the only one who could follow it. ahhh it was SO SHIT

neonazi

chepas said:
^^ LOL. No wasn't sarcastic, I'm sorry... :D

Though sarcasm and dad jokes are my gifts in real life...
nothin to be sorry about mate.
i didnt even know there was a trial exam until last week. i do distance ed and i dont get told anythin. then my derbrain bitch teacher sends an exam up. and im thinkin wtf??? havent done it yet, or seen it, so i dont know wats in it. dont even know if im getin the catholic one or not.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
for the penny lane one, i couldn't be bothered (it was the last question) so i just sat back and enjoyed the song.
you know when you're seriously stuffed if you enjoy your exams...

chepas

HSC
timyates_87 said:
OMG the George Crumb piece sucked serious shit, i was the only one who could follow it. ahhh it was SO SHIT
^^ Yes yes... Breached the line between music being 'organised sound', and just noise...

CarinaT

Which was the George Crumb piece?

I like the Witches one and the last one 'Smoke Gets in Your Eyes'. :)
Though I don't do very well, I have to say that these music tests are enjoyable...just because of the interesting music. ;)

neonazi

just did my trial today.
to call the george crumb piece the worst piece of music ever would be praising it. it was complete and utter shit.
everythin else though went quite well.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
CarinaT said:
Which is the George Crumb pieve that everyone is hating on? :confused: ;)
hehe yeh it was the last piece in the Music 2 paper, the "Dark Angels" bullshit one that sounded like there was an angle grinder in it. i blocked my ears through that CRAP.

kylie_robbo

Does anyone on here agree with me about the fact that whoever it was that played the second version of Penny Lane completly ruined the song?

Our supervising teacher (one of the Maths staff) wrote a two and a half page essay to our Music teacher about how they ruined it... and the Maths teacher doesn't have a clue about music, but she was still able to pick out lots of faults!

Anyway... the Beatles version has been in my head ever since this mornings exam. That's alright though.

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
yeah the music 2 paper was a bit far-qued... how did people go in the melodic dictation part?

man i was struggling! there was some chronic rubato happening!

Oi timyates_87... are u in the SBSYO? (Just wondering cos of your sig)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)