Catholic Trial 2006 - Modern History (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Long long exam but the questions were straight foward and pretty easy. However, my time management says something else :( I took my time with the two big essay questions. For the knowledge question, i firstly refered to source B accidently, as i forgot about the table from source A!. so it's kind of messed up. And both personalities question, i just rushed through, in which the second Q i barely wrote anything for besides some jotted notes as i ran out of time.

Should be fine, hopefully.

muz-

HSC
Stupid personality question B.. couldnt work out exactly how to link it to speer. im so stupid but it didnt help that i had like 10 minutes to do it.

other than that every thing else was pretty good... i hope.

janice123456

HSC
That exam was so draining and so long! I came home and just slept because I was so worn out for it! It look me forever to do my first National Studies question and realisation set in that I wouldn't have much time left I spent this much time on Conflict as I was on National. So there I was speeding through EVERYTHING. So all my answers were so brief

I'm sure I made too many mistakes to even begin to think I did well! One hell of a reality check for me -------->> MUST STUDY MORE BEFORE HSC or I'M SCREWED!!!!!!

Anyone by any chance remember what the World War I questions were about and how about the rouge personality question? Cause I don't remember jack.......It's so stupid how they make 20 personalities fit the one question. I thought it would be easier, but then you can go on forever........at least that's what I thought.

Maths on monday! Best of luck to everyone!

bonnie04

HSC
janice123456 said:
One hell of a reality check for me -------->> MUST STUDY MORE BEFORE HSC or I'M SCREWED!!!!!!
boy oh boy was that a reality check or what.
i promise myself i will write notes for the hsc. i said that for half yearlies. i said that for trials. but my goodness if there's one thing i do before the hsc, it's going to be to write modern notes... what annoyed me was that this was an extremely straight forward exam. but obviously not when you have no quotes, dates, or notes. :uhoh:

PatG

HSC
I reckon I went alright. I just couldn't remember when J Edgar Hoover died so I just said 1947. I didn't do too well with my IndoChina question either. Can't be helped now.

ponting007

HSC
Did everyone do the same paper......coz i hear there were two papers roaming around and that teachers could choose which paper to use.....mine had changing attitudes of solsiers and civillians and stuff......my usa nat study had to do with affects of depression n foreign policy....personality was background n a quote or something.....and arab israel was a nationalism and peace process question.......was that the same that everyone else got......i thort the exam was pretty straight forward otherwise........

claudettephfire

HSC
Hi guys,

would any of you would be kind enough to scan the paper and send it to me? I go to a selective school but my teacher tells me that the catholic trials are great for practice.

otherwise, could you please tell me what the section WWI was on and what kinds of sources and the personality question?

anything would be great coz i really need practice!

Thanks!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
claudettephfire said:
Hi guys,

would any of you would be kind enough to scan the paper and send it to me? I go to a selective school but my teacher tells me that the catholic trials are great for practice.

otherwise, could you please tell me what the section WWI was on and what kinds of sources and the personality question?

anything would be great coz i really need practice!

Thanks!
Look at the specimen’s paper. The conflict in Europe and second Leni question is pretty much the same as the one in the CSSA paper.

claudettephfire

HSC
Thanks for that! *mind eases up a bit*:jedi:

Also, if anyone could be kind enough, could you please type up the questions for Russia (National Study) and Ango-Irish Relations? (conflict)

What was WWI on? Allied Victory? :grinshak: The questions / focus areas of the CSSA trial are usually very close to the actual HSC paper .

Thanks again!
Claudette

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
claudettephfire said:
Thanks for that! *mind eases up a bit*:jedi:

Also, if anyone could be kind enough, could you please type up the questions for Russia (National Study) and Ango-Irish Relations? (conflict)

What was WWI on? Allied Victory? :grinshak: The questions / focus areas of the CSSA trial are usually very close to the actual HSC paper .

Thanks again!
Claudette
Homefront. Pretty much the same as the one in the specimen's paper - just change the question to "assess"

Last edited:

RainbowBrite

HSC
YAY! It's over!!!

Last exam today- good ol Modern History. I was really worried about this exam, very stressed and very scared. Once I got in there though it wasn't as bad as I thought to would be. The source analysis was annoying ( I thought Source A was source and AND B) but I fixed it up quickly.

Now, for HSC all I know is that now I have to get a closer knowledge of the stuff, coz I'm still talking about it pretty broadly. Hopefully though I did all good :)

Good luck to those of you who still are yet to do it!

nikki.zixin

HSC
Hello fellow Singapore person.

Didn't like WWI questions - Source A was kind of random. And I hadn't expected questions 2 and 3 .. which was, bad.

I don't know how to divide my time with the two personalities questions - too much to write!

Farewell, time to relax and sleep and watch Desperate Housewives. And work on art.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
nikki.zixin said:
Hello fellow Singapore person.

Didn't like WWI questions - Source A was kind of random. And I hadn't expected questions 2 and 3 .. which was, bad.

I don't know how to divide my time with the two personalities questions - too much to write!

Farewell, time to relax and sleep and watch Desperate Housewives. And work on art.

I give my students the following advice with timing:

for every 5 marks a question is worth allow 9 minutes of writing

Therefore a 10 marks question gets 18 minutes and a 15 mark question gets 27 minutes.

If you carry that through the paper you will take three hours to answer the four sections of the paper and spend 45 minutes on each section.

kerfuffle

HSC
Meh, I go to a public school, but our Modern History trial HSC paper was the Catholic one! Some of the questions were changed (by sticking new questions over the top), though, as we hadn't learnt it in class yet.

BAKALIWA

HSC
yo peeps, could one of you perhaps please post your trial paper if you have it. it'd be greatly appreciated as it would relate to the new sylllabus.

spanks

bakaliwa

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
The trial for Modern was good. I had already done an assessment based on the 2 q's for WWI (i.e. the Q.2 and Q.3 Extended resposnes). Germany seemed straightforward and the pacific war question (one that our school ammended) was easy to handle.

claudettephfire

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Homefront. Pretty much the same as the one in the specimen's paper - just change the question to "assess"
The 2006 hsc specimen paper actually focuses on the allied victory? Which specimen paper were you referring to?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
claudettephfire said:
The 2006 hsc specimen paper actually focuses on the allied victory? Which specimen paper were you referring to?
Homefront was for the Conflict in Europe Question. Reason for Allied Victory was for WW1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)