Catholic Schools (1 Viewer)

Max Marks

Fairfield/Liverpool, Bankstown District, Prospect
I tutor a couple of students from a catholic school. Im just wondering is it a policy in other catholic schools to not allow students to do no less than 11 units? The students i tutor are in year 11 and want to drop down to 10 units for year 12, but the school won't let them (and the 1 unit of religion is included in those 10 units). Is it like that in all catholic schools? or is it just a one off thing in this particular high school?

Cheers,
Sash

Last edited:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Catholic schools...bah! Theres no need for them, you get a better education at a public school, with real teachers.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The best thing about Catholic schools is slutty catholic girls with tongues like a cow :D

Max Marks

Fairfield/Liverpool, Bankstown District, Prospect
Thanks

Yeah i found it a bit strange that they weren't allowed. Thanks for clearing that up. Can the school dictate that? like can they say you have to do 11 units? or in the end regardless of the policy of the school is it up to the student? But yeah thanks for the reply :)

7th Sign

HSC
Ziff said:
The best thing about Catholic schools is slutty catholic girls with tongues like a cow :D
as if catholic girls are slutty.....their hell strict and dont eva do any think bad like get shitfaced.....

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Max Marks said:
Yeah i found it a bit strange that they weren't allowed. Thanks for clearing that up. Can the school dictate that? like can they say you have to do 11 units? or in the end regardless of the policy of the school is it up to the student? But yeah thanks for the reply :)
Yer in saying that, the school next door to mine cathrine mcauly, they have 2 do atlest 11 units or there hsc will be with-held by the school from them... but they can do catholic studies, and at my school we cant do catholic studies, if we do they with-hold our hsc

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Catholic schools...bah! Theres no need for them, you get a better education at a public school, with real teachers.
:confused:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Unless there's a vital piece of sarcasm I'm missing here, that statement is awfully unlike you, thorrnydevil.

At any rate, I like my teachers just fine. Granted, my school is strictly catholic, but my teachers are just as real as public school teachers.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Ziff said:
Haha, on point.

catholic school girls = eshay.

ichig0

HSC
the only downside to all girls catholic schools is the sex education they give us... loL.. i learnt more in primary school than high school.. hahaha..

but..um... yeh... we can do 10 units but at least 1 unit has to be religion.

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
At my school, it was compulsory to do a minimum of 12 units in Year 11, and we must do a minimum of 10 units in Year 12 - 1 subject from each year had to be studies of religion, be it 1 or 2 units. This 11 unit minimum is the first I've ever heard of !!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Kwayera said:
Unless there's a vital piece of sarcasm I'm missing here, that statement is awfully unlike you, thorrnydevil.

At any rate, I like my teachers just fine. Granted, my school is strictly catholic, but my teachers are just as real as public school teachers.
Your school is Anglican!

ANGLICAN!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
YOU PROTESTANT WHORE!

You know you're a protestant whore and yet you try and pawn yourself off as catholic. Disgraceful!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ziff said:
YOU PROTESTANT WHORE!

You know you're a protestant whore and yet you try and pawn yourself off as catholic. Disgraceful!
complete PWNAGE!

elif

yeah we are allowed to drop down to ten (including at elast 1 unit of religion), but they advise against it. dman religion, such a waste of time. graaaa

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Oh dear. Attack of the maleficient typo's again - I'm horrified, really.

"Granted, my school is strictly catholic"

Is supposed to read

"Granted, my school isN'T strictly catholic"

*rolls eyes at self*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)