Catholic School Trials (1 Viewer)

djax

HSC
:burn: OMG chemistry killed my life. except that im still alive. some one agree with me, the sillubus wasnt completely followed... for those that havnt done it, do heaps of past chem papers... seriously. the only way you will survive:bomb:

Jessica14

HSC
yoakim said:
what did you guys think about the chemistry exam?
Yeh it was quite a good exam. Had no idea wot the 5 marker in the middle of the core short answers was on about. The m/c was quite easy.

anniea89

HSC
Eng Ext was okay but the questions was not that great. I was unable to use my Western revenge tragedy for my story- contemporary australian context? wth?

Jessica14

HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Gah, I'm so pissed off that barely anything from the past CSSA papers came up in this year's. No galvanic cells, no ethanol, no cellulose, no CFC's, no theories of acids, no SO2 or NOx... and then they pick like two dodgy questions about biopolymers and batteries x.x; I'm sooo glad we only had to talk about cost and practicality of batteries. The elctrolyte questions beforehand, I was like: "Uh... Electrolyte... Something that's in a bettery?" lol -.-;
Wot do u mean no ethanol? There was 5 marks on it at the beginning of the short answers, and there was a question on SO2 and its affects on the environment, worth 4 marks i think. Plus there was a m/c question on galvanic cells.

But you're right about the electrolyte question. That was left field. I didnt mind the biopolymer q... i did polylactic acid and i think it was ok.

amyg238

HSC
I think I did well in Chemistry!
The multiple choice questions were HARD though...
And my teacher got rid of half of the Chemistry of Art Option and randomly put CFC stuff in there... I was fine with it though, CFCs are easy.

Uggh... maths 2U on monday, 3U on tuesday and Biology on Wednesday... I havent studied properly for any :mad1:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I thought we were doing the CSSA Chem paper from from the sound of it I don't think we did. Maybe we did the independent trial or something, not sure.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
amyg238 said:
I think I did well in Chemistry!
The multiple choice questions were HARD though...
And my teacher got rid of half of the Chemistry of Art Option and randomly put CFC stuff in there... I was fine with it though, CFCs are easy.

Uggh... maths 2U on monday, 3U on tuesday and Biology on Wednesday... I havent studied properly for any :mad1:
I have Maths and SDD on Monday, 6 hours of exams. Not looking forward to it at all :S

thecriclover99

HSC
anniea89 said:
Eng Ext was okay but the questions was not that great. I was unable to use my Western revenge tragedy for my story- contemporary australian context? wth?
We did RFTG, and I thought the q was alrite for the essays... Hope its not marked too hard tho.
For the Creative piece I got screwed over pretty hard tho:bomb:
Comtemporary Australian what??:confused:

matindo64

HSC
Had 7-marker answers for CFCs and Acidic Oxides ready and felt pretty cut about them not showing up in great detail....i finished multiple choice in 10 minutes and still ran out of time doing that phosphate ion question. expecting (hoping) around 80 for it, which would be my highest chem mark these last two years....

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
djax said:
:burn: OMG chemistry killed my life. except that im still alive. some one agree with me, the sillubus wasnt completely followed... for those that havnt done it, do heaps of past chem papers... seriously. the only way you will survive:bomb:
it was a Weird Chem Test.... ... nah it was set pretty good i thought... required you to think about the questions a bit more than you usually do :S it was nothing like past paper i ever did..... so gay only 2 REAL calculation questions..... :(

beccawood

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I thought we were doing the CSSA Chem paper from from the sound of it I don't think we did. Maybe we did the independent trial or something, not sure.
yeah i dont remember a biopolymer question!! yet we still had the batteries... i think carson took a whole lot of exams and mashed them together...

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
beccawood said:
yeah i dont remember a biopolymer question!! yet we still had the batteries... i think carson took a whole lot of exams and mashed them together...
I was pretty pumped for that question, I knew everything about my batteries. Except for the reactions, lol. I only knew the anode one for the dry cell, forgot the cathode one. I wrote one down but crossed it out cause I wasn't sure and I didn't want to lose marks.

I guess we can ask him about it later

I thought I did really well for the Industrial Section but I might not have. Did you get 400 for the K value of the last one? It was some huge number that felt wrong but I thought my working was right

beccawood

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I was pretty pumped for that question, I knew everything about my batteries. Except for the reactions, lol. I only knew the anode one for the dry cell, forgot the cathode one. I wrote one down but crossed it out cause I wasn't sure and I didn't want to lose marks.

I guess we can ask him about it later

I thought I did really well for the Industrial Section but I might not have. Did you get 400 for the K value of the last one? It was some huge number that felt wrong but I thought my working was right
yeah i had my batteries all good too lol. cept for the reaction of my secondary cell... ah well i wrote everything else i cud think of! yeah i got a round number like that, i felt like i was repeating myself for that entire section... coz the questions were pretty similar, just interpreting the data in different ways.

i completely forgot how to convert grams to milligrams tho!! at first i did it rite, but then i changed it. :S

otherwise it was a pretty good test. cept for that radiation bombarding question! had no idea bout that.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
What did you guys get for that Phosphorus question, how you had to find the % mass of it? I think I did mine wrong, because all I did, simply, was divide the given mass of phosphorus with the total mass. It seems logical and correct, but I think there might be more to it since they gave you the molecular formular of the precipitate...
Also, for the KH2PO4, what were the reasons that the pH was greater than 7? Was it because it was formed due to a strong base and a weak acid? That's what I wrote but I couldn't find the write equation to back it up.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
beccawood said:
yeah i had my batteries all good too lol. cept for the reaction of my secondary cell... ah well i wrote everything else i cud think of! yeah i got a round number like that, i felt like i was repeating myself for that entire section... coz the questions were pretty similar, just interpreting the data in different ways.
Haha yeah it was like K = ... Le Chatelier's principle favours ______ reaction because heat/pressure etc.

I got 30 for b and 400 for c, if I remember correctly.

i completely forgot how to convert grams to milligrams tho!! at first i did it rite, but then i changed it. :S
Haha yeah same. I think I ended up with it right though, the juice has 32 mg of vitamin C per 100 mLs. I just used the logic that 1000 g = 1 L, so 1000 mg = 1 gram, lol.

otherwise it was a pretty good test. cept for that radiation bombarding question! had no idea bout that.
Yeah I had no clue for that either. It was a pretty decent test, but questions I screwed include:
the last multiple choice one (I had no idea how to do it, just put 40%)
the one with adding HCl to get a white precipitate (I only knew the tests for identifying anions, didn't have a clue about cations)
the last part of that ester one where you had to find out how much CO2 was released. I couldn't get the equation right at all. I also might have screwed the drawing an isomer one cause I cbf and just drew the standard one. Technically its an isomer, right? lol

becthelank

Study Avoider
HSC
has anyone else not finished the chem course? we had to have the option shortened and had replacement questions...which was awesome because we got asked on the haber process twice...easy marks

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
becthelank said:
has anyone else not finished the chem course? we had to have the option shortened and had replacement questions...which was awesome because we got asked on the haber process twice...easy marks
Nah we haven't either. We got three questions on K values haha. One of them was Haber too actually.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
lol we didnt finish the course...... ive finished it on my own but my class just started the final module so the teacher is like... "just answer the questions we did in class" i was like WTF?????????? only 1 question was about what we did in class and it was a 2 marker...... so our test is gana be outa 77 i guess......... which is stupid cause we all told her to put other questions in to top it off to a hundred..... weird teacher....

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
becthelank said:
No, we just had a replacement option exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)