Catered residential colleges and internet (1 Viewer)

Question2

HSC
N/A
Do they all require you to buy data from the university at insane rates, or is it included in your accomodation fee?

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
The first option (buy data from the university at insane rates). I don't think you're allowed to have your own ADSL, so you either make do with UNSW's internet or you get wireless internet. I live in Unilodge, which is uncatered, but I use wireless internet (vividwireless, unlimited plan, only unlimited wireless plan I found) since I'll end up spending more using UNSW's internet. (I use the internet... a lot.)

Question2

HSC
N/A
I know warrane college at the least has unlimited internet, but its censored (lol religion).

HSC
Uni Grad
heh, just go to duh ASB or somewhere near the residential colleges and scab wifi from there (Y)

Question2

HSC
N/A
Uh, UNSW village still requires you to buy extremely expensive internet.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Nah its not 'too' bad anymore considering there's no contracts or anything and I'd rather pay more for 100mbps vs dodgy wireless.. It's $100/100gb now, the prices on the website are like 5 years outdated or something..
$100/100GB when my wireless Internet is $79/month for unlimited data. |D

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha yeah but once you use FTTH equivalent you will never be able to tolerate anything else.. 1 second buffering for 1080p on youtube is simply not acceptable, I don't even remember the last time I had to wait for a page to load lol :p. Given I use about 30gb/month it works out around $50 and without a contract probably makes it one of the best lowish data plans Aus wide, I would obviously prefer it cheaper too maybe $50/100gb would be fair but hey better then $315/50gb like advertised on the Village website right !
Definitely better, haha.

Though I use more GB than you each month, so unlimited plans is really the only "cheapest" option for me. (Without limiting Internet use.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)