Casual Work at Bunnings / Big W/ Woolworths etc (1 Viewer)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
How many hours do you generally get a week when enrolled as a casual at places like this? Particularly Bunnings.

joeysmall

the clown has no penis
HSC
Bunnings offer very few casual positions. Most people who work there have some sort of relevant recognise tertiary qualifaction. As to your question of how many hours, Woolworths and BIG W usually around 15-20 hours a week (thats how many I got when I worked at woolies).

HSC
Bunnings offer very few casual positions. Most people who work there have some sort of relevant recognise tertiary qualifaction. As to your question of how many hours, Woolworths and BIG W usually around 15-20 hours a week (thats how many I got when I worked at woolies).
I know plenty of full time students who worked casually at Bunnings. The hours were very inconsistent though.

When I was a casual at woolies there were weeks where I got 3 hours a week, there were weeks where I got 45. It depends greatly on your availability, department and skillset. I'd say most of the casuals in my department get around 8-12 hours a week, though there are plenty who sit above 25 every week because they have good availability.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Bunnings offer very few casual positions. Most people who work there have some sort of relevant recognise tertiary qualifaction.
They do? I have a group interview with them next week for a casual position. I live in a town where there are next to no jobs available (Jobsearch might post about two new jobs a week) so I applied for a casual position at Bunnings. I am available 24/7 so availability is not an issue. If they pay at least $20/ph a minimum of 20 hours a week would be desirable. My primary concern with getting this job is never getting any hours.

Finding work anywhere else is impossible in this town. And moving would be way too expensive as I need to save as much money as I can.

joeysmall

the clown has no penis
HSC
They don't offer too many jobs in the Newcastle region anyways

katieanastasia

HSC
I work as a casual at Woolies in Melbourne, and i get an average of 25hours a week. To those that are casuals, what is your pay rate? Cos i get $12.27 an hour and im 18... Am i getting ripped off?

Black Heart

HSC
To OP,
When I was a casual at woolworths I recieved about on average, 6-10 hours per week (availability was limited to after school and weekends and some weeks I would get one shift of 3 hours, others would be 12 hours so it was rocky)

I'm at Big W now and I recieve 9 hours per week (same as above - but I changed my availability to everyday so I could get more shifts now), but I am also recovery and they're shifts are 3 hours long.

Katie - You are getting ripped off. I'm 16 and I get $10.447 per hour as a casual. And till I'm 18, my pay will continue to rise. I'm sure there is an 18 year old casual at my store who gets about $15 an hour? but this is at Big W, but you'd think Woolworths and Big W would sorta be the same. Your pay rate you just stated sounds like something a part/full-timer would get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)