Casual Employment in Senior School (1 Viewer)

Carsbooks

HSC
Hello!

I was wondering what your thoughts in getting a job while in year 11. Like some people can manage their school work and employment but for the rest of us, is it do able??

Kittikhun

HSC
Get a job whilst in school. Experience in working means a lot on your résumé, and the younger, the better.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Ultimately, the choice to get a job or not depends on whether you are doing the job for extra money or you could like some work experience or both, you also need to consider whether the job is flexible enough so that you can work less in your exam time and perhaps more in your holidays-personally, I think if you establish a time table and you follow it through-it is very beneficial to have a job, it means you have less time to study, but it also means you waste less time procrastinating and it can also have the added benefit to enable you to keep some perspective of the tough senior years-i.e. marks are not everything and make you an overall much more balanced person...hope this helps:)

michaeljennings

HSC
Hello!

I was wondering what your thoughts in getting a job while in year 11. Like some people can manage their school work and employment but for the rest of us, is it do able??
This question doesnt really make sense. You said "some people can manage their school work and employment" so im assuming by "the rest of us" refers to those who can't manage their school work and employment but then you go on to ask if its doable so youre kinda contradicting yourself?

In any case yeah its doable

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Definitely. If you have difficulty managing your time in school with a job, you might run into problems at uni.

studybuddy101

HSC
i vote get a job, had one since the end of year 9 and it's always kept me sane since i find splitting your life 3 ways into school,social and work keeps you more accountable for all 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)