Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
First one didn't really excite me, I doubt I'd have the attention span to attempt another.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
OK so who's got it?

Hard enough?
SRSLY this game is SOOOOO HARD!!!!!! In an annoying kinda way! I've just beaten the sand fish thingo, and im gonna fight Albus (for first time, in case a rematch occurs later, i dont know).

Not as good as i expected, its cool how u got can apply glyphs to both buttons and attack relatively fast, but it sux how it uses up ur mp, tho it makes up for it with quick refill, and the concept of hearts is CRAPPZOID!!! I mean, the ONLY time i'd use glyph combos is if im almost dead, or 100% surrounded, or against a boss. No where near as much as i'd use souls in DoS or PoR. And refilling hearts while in a level? Getting like 1 bloody heart from each candle, when u need to fill up like 20 or 30 is really sucky.
Glyph sleeve is crap too, im not used to changing, and very annoying when u wanna quickly change from one to another, not as easy to use as the doppleganger soul from DoS.

I'll still play it till i finish it, but i probably wont play it again, whereas DoS was absolutely awesome and PoR was good.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
jumb said:
First one didn't really excite me, I doubt I'd have the attention span to attempt another.
Looks like I was wrong. I've been playing it, it's great fun.

There are some real difficult parts in the game and so many times I've wasted hours grinding something only to die without saving, which gives me the shits.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I got my first medal from death. I was having trouble killing him, and I read this tip on the net about how to kill him in like, 3 seconds.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
dracula seems hard :(

I'm tempted to leave my DS on for 3 days to do a cheat to max out my attack stats.

uman1234

HSC
This game is great, was very fun. Cleared every map and every quest besides the one where you have to kill the guy in the Large cavern. Also thats the map I haven't fully discovered.

And the post with death and dracula. Get the glyph from the nova skeleton and combine it with any strong weapon. Then equip like 2 death rings for Death with strong strike equipment. About 5 glyph combinations should kill Death very quickly, since the combination does about 600 minimum. Easiest way to get medal. Also for Dracula, this strat works wonders, you just have to know what spells and abilities he does. The glyph of flight will help lol. Remember to take your death rings off after you finish using glyph combinations. The "may" in instant death inscription on the death ring, isn't a may, its certain you will die from anything that hits you.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
666_blessings said:
Death rings + Dominus Agony + light/dark glyph union = mega pawnage
^that 3 times kills death

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
It makes all boss battles incredibly easy. Keep a stock of hearts and just hammer them with 2 or 3 unions. Pawns Dracula pretty nicely =).

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
really? I just take advantage of all my monies. You see, gold ring + inire pecunia glyph = $500 money bags instead of coins, so i got like 300000 atm, and i just stock up on minestrones, something else (dumpling? soup?), and killer bbq fish, so while i vs bosses, i try out different techniques, find out whatever their weakness is, and beat em, all in one go, cuz i got 9 of each of those stuff. Its a shame u can only carry 9..

DFC

HSC
We are getting it mid 2009.

Why does this country always get shafted with releases? Looks like I'll need to import, just grabbed disgaea DS earlier this month, too.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I don't understand why it usually takes several months more for us to get games down here. I can comprehend us being a few months behind the Japanese release if they need to change the language and whatnot, but I'm mighty pissed off that we're always behind the US release.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
far out man, pokemon was released in september 06 in japan, released on april 07 in usa, and july (i think) 07 in aus. Bloody hell, language conversions, i ordered the usa one, so i win (not against japs tho..)

BIG gap between september and april, fkn 7 months

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Omie Jay said:
far out man, pokemon was released in september 06 in japan, released on april 07 in usa, and july (i think) 07 in aus. Bloody hell, language conversions, i ordered the usa one, so i win (not against japs tho..)

BIG gap between september and april, fkn 7 months
I imported pokemon. However at the time the aussie dollar was strong so it worked to be about the same price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)