Case Study (1 Viewer)

skylinedrifter

do we have know indepth information of a case study for each topics(management&change/marketing/financial/globalisation/employment_relations)??

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Hahahaha, we do?

I'm just gonna blab about any small or large business FOR EACH CASE because is just general knowledge, the facts/statistics how the hell would the teachers know exact figure LOl

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
of course not....but evn if u r going to bs u gotta make it sound reasonable...if u dunno ani statz to start off with how r u gonna bs? cuz u wouldnt know what is a *reasonable* stat....in respect to the general performance......pluz if u r doin the popular ones....more chances of being caught if u fulli make everything up...

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
So Truly-In-Bliss, do u think its better to use the Qantas case study, which i've only looked at half-arsed, or make up a case study on the spot for a question like: "With reference to a biz you've studied, evaluate the internal & external influences that have impacted on the development of their marketing plan"
That question was my trial one, i used Qantas, which i had only glanced at the night b4. I was shat on for that q., 13/20

And will the examiners actually check up on a case study if they think its made up?

Thanks.:)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
So Truly-In-Bliss, do u think its better to use the Qantas case study, which i've only looked at half-arsed, or make up a case study on the spot for a question like: "With reference to a biz you've studied, evaluate the internal & external influences that have impacted on the development of their marketing plan"
That question was my trial one, i used Qantas, which i had only glanced at the night b4. I was shat on for that q., 13/20

And will the examiners actually check up on a case study if they think its made up? Will u get marks deducted if they find out you used a fake biz?

Cheers.:)

Btw, Great mod work on this thread.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
most probably examiners wont check up... but here are the reasons why u shouldnt make up one:

- ur stressed enough, let alone trying to fabricate a biz with intricate details that corresponds to the overall performance....pplz who have done it will tell u its hard to trying 2 make up statz and strategies that makes sense.....

- it's also hard to come up with the details, and in the end, you will be wasitn g time tryin to make up statz, and not answering the question... and time mangement is really important in b/s cuz, for everyone, the content doesnt make a whole lot of differnece, its basically the similar textbook stuff being regergitated, it's more or less how much u write that answers the question, thatz what counts, so definatley u should spend more time on the actual report writing than trying to bs ur way thru

- if the statz/strategies are not coheirent, markers can sniff it out, and the last thing u want them to think when marking ur paper is whether this is a fictional biz.

i srsli dont recommand u guys fulli making up a biz....what i do suggest (given the time factor) is that if u have not found a biz yet, go and find yourself a less popular one, but one with enough info (esp watch out for marketing and financial info), as long as you get the structure of the biz and its trend in terms of market share, performance, salles etc, then that is when making up statz would be more reasonable......basically u have a framework of the bigger picture...so lyk colouring the details shoudlnt be that much of a trouble......

of course it is absoltueli the best if u know everything and have meorised everything...but realisticlly speaking, a lot of pplz are last minute, so sometimes we cant fulli prepare for everything...... but regardless of whether u have found a biz or not, do NOT make up an entire biz, if u do that when ur in the exam, you are not onli giving urself extra pressure, but u r also putting ur hsc on the line....

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
oh yeah one my thing... my ex b/s teacher said its not rare to come across reports with fake biz......and he picked them up fast...ani sign of inconsistency in terms of statz and actual perforamnce...he gets relaly suspicious.... and its def not good if u r the student..once he gave lyk a band 3 mark evne though the content wasnt that bad, but the biz was totally fiction and the candidate couldnt bs for crap.. so yeah......gals and boyz... hahah dont try it in an exam... :p

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
I must have over exaggerated myself

Of course you gotta know some basic numbers, and general knowledge of the business your doing, but in any way you need to make a few untrue facts to make it stand out better, thats in my case only

is a roflcopter
HSC
anyone planning to use multiple business examples

because frankly my qantas one sucks

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Having just looked at the HSC '02 Biz paper, on top of a case study, say Qantas, would it be advisable to have an in-depth knowledge of a recent industrial dispute, such as Morris McMahon, as well?

Just to make sure, the last q of the HSC paper will definitely have a q about a case sudy right?

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
yeah i have got 4 case studies ready...
omg!.... i dont think i even have 4 hahaha

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
yes, but not too detailed, just a general statement for each dot pt of the syllabus + a corresponding stat if possible
So i need to go through my 2 case studies with ALL 5 business topics, and between the 2, have something written down for EVERY dot point in the entire syllabus?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
ideally yes... but consdiering we dunt hve much time..concentrate on making notes for the last topic.....whihc includes a bit from da prevoius topics... just make sure u have somehting to say for each topic though.... like if i ask you whats the mehtod of internaitonal expansion ur particular biz adopts..u shoul be be able to sketch a few pts.....

Golani

yes, but not too detailed, just a general statement for each dot pt of the syllabus + a corresponding stat if possible
A general statement will take you nowhere. Examinors much prefer that students use big, comprehensive and detailed case studies (1 or 2 max) which integrate as many areas of the syllabus as possible, because it gives a better, more integrated idea about the concept of business studies and so forth.

Let me quote from a sheet about how to use case studies- "For a case study to be appropriate to utilise in the HSC Course the chosen business must not only be large, it must also trade in several nations (well DOH :p).
Some students will wonder whther lots of little case studies will suffice, each covering different aspects and more manageable, students will do themselves as disservice if they take such as approach....Thusm though it is harded to get detailed information, 1 or 2 comprehensive case studies are preferable".

:)

2late

I was going to use Country Road as my major case study (as someone suggested in another thread) but I don't know if it would fit in the area of being a global business.
It has stores in Australia and New Zealand and that's bout as global as it gets. Should I continue on with it or find another one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)