Case Study help (1 Viewer)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
So after reading a couple of stickied threads here, it occurred to me that i should find myself some case studies. the popular ones seem to be qantas,crumpler, apple etc. I've already downloaded some case study notes but should I buy a textbook? My school uses In Action and i think that one has billabong? If anyone has a pdf for the cambridge business studies textbook (or any case study notes) that they could share then that would be great! also for the qantas case study textbook, was there much difference between the 2012 and 2013 version? if there was then i might as well wait for the 2014 version :p

zhusalmz

HSC
billabong case study is god awful. Just use the bsia textbook + qantas case study book for the concepts and then attempt to integrate them with your own knowledge of other businesses throughout the year

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
billabong case study is god awful. Just use the bsia textbook + qantas case study book for the concepts and then attempt to integrate them with your own knowledge of other businesses throughout the year
qantas 2013 or 2014?

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
thanks for all the replies :D

scenario

HSC
Just make them up. That's what everyone does :)

zhusalmz

HSC
qantas 2013 or 2014?
I used 2013, library had 2012 and 2011 and it was pretty much the same thing give or take a couple of things.

Once you have a understanding of the topic and the syllabus using both sources you'd be surprised how easy it is to apply the knowledge to a variety of diff businesses. Once you understand each topic and the relationships between each dot point you can turn these two web pages herehere into your own case study that's a lot easier to memorize. Also by writing your own, it will also help you remember the Qantas core . I ended up not using Qantas at all in the actual exam as Apple / Asos worked better for operations.

I also just want to reiterate how awful the billabong case study in bsia is. it really sucks

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
lol +1

Do QANTAS as your main one and just keep up to date with current business news. Over the year you should develop knowledge of certain events relating to businesses that you can accordingly apply and use as case studies for a specific dot point.

E.g any news about a workplace dispute with a business can be used as a case study if you mention the scenario and clearly relate it to the content/dot point you're writing about.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
I used 2013, library had 2012 and 2011 and it was pretty much the same thing give or take a couple of things.

Once you have a understanding of the topic and the syllabus using both sources you'd be surprised how easy it is to apply the knowledge to a variety of diff businesses. Once you understand each topic and the relationships between each dot point you can turn these two web pages herehere into your own case study that's a lot easier to memorize. Also by writing your own, it will also help you remember the Qantas core . I ended up not using Qantas at all in the actual exam as Apple / Asos worked better for operations.

I also just want to reiterate how awful the billabong case study in bsia is. it really sucks
thanks for the links :) well bsia in general is a shitty textbook but i can't complain cuz thats the only business studies textbook i have.

o_O i've read on some threads of people doing that but tbh i'm not quite sure in which questions ur allowed to make up because i havent looked at any trial papers yet. could you give me an example and are there any limits to what you can bs about?

lol +1

Do QANTAS as your main one and just keep up to date with current business news. Over the year you should develop knowledge of certain events relating to businesses that you can accordingly apply and use as case studies for a specific dot point.

E.g any news about a workplace dispute with a business can be used as a case study if you mention the scenario and clearly relate it to the content/dot point you're writing about.
i guess i better start reading the news and start compiling links :p

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
So after reading a couple of stickied threads here, it occurred to me that i should find myself some case studies. the popular ones seem to be qantas,crumpler, apple etc. I've already downloaded some case study notes but should I buy a textbook? My school uses In Action and i think that one has billabong? If anyone has a pdf for the cambridge business studies textbook (or any case study notes) that they could share then that would be great! also for the qantas case study textbook, was there much difference between the 2012 and 2013 version? if there was then i might as well wait for the 2014 version :p
Why is Billabong bad??????????????

Examine

same
HSC
Why is Billabong bad??????????????
If you ever buy the Qantas case study textbook you will see why. I'm also guessing that the main variation between the 2014 to previous years are the financial ratios.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
If you ever buy the Qantas case study textbook you will see why. I'm also guessing that the main variation between the 2014 to previous years are the financial ratios.
are they necessary/heavily marked on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)