• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Case Studies (1 Viewer)

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
my teacher said you shouldnt make up case studies -
just say for example you have Qantas as your case study, and qantas doesnt have teams and shit, you can make the section about teams up.

In summing up, you should make a fake business - get a business with sufficent information and then work on top of that.

Teacher also recommeded Westfield and Coca Cola (but coke is kinda out dated). I dont know if i've already mentioned this

Last edited:

ben

Hmm...i wouldn't want to use a case study like quantas

then the markers notice when you get stuff wrong - because it's so popular!

Iceman

But then again..

If you know the Qantas Case Study inside out...
You'll get good marks, cause you answered all of the criteria :)

So is anyone willing to scan the Qantas Case Study? :D

reine regina

actually....the teacher who make (wrote?) the Qantas casestudy..is the other Business teacher in my school....

but they still make us get the book.....errrr.....
yeah..i think it's around $15 as well....mayeb 16 to be exact.
can't remember......

but ..that book is good...and i guess u have to know it well...to answer the extended respones

irmakd

Qantas Case Study Book Details

Hey guys those of you who have teh Qantas Case Study Book, can you pls give me the details of teh book i.e. Name, Publisher, Author, ISBN Number and soo on so i can buy one as well. ThankYou :D

reine regina

the book is called
business case study - qantas
it's published by tim riley publications
isbn number - 0958582076

hope that helps

bex

HSC
haha it seems like all of nsw are doing QANTAS!! and my school is too! you have to have a specific case study for Global but my teacher said that you should have one for all the other topics as well... we're doing Qantas for global and employment relations and Jamberoo Recreation Park for mngement and change, finance and marketing... its fairly easy...

Stephanately

Case Studies are important but you dont need so many... You need two... One for globalisation and one for the other topics.. Thats what we were told... Havent you done case studies as a class? What about your assessments? Havent you studied any businesses for those? A Good company to do for the four topics is Pura (National Foods). There website has lots of information...

Last edited:

tinility

ER case study is like the disputes between employers and employees isn't it??? i think i did an assessment task on that

Lauren!

ben

Originally posted by tinility
ER case study is like the disputes between employers and employees isn't it??? i think i did an assessment task on that

Lauren!
Well Industrial Conflict is just a topic in ER - so technically they could ask about other ER stuff with reference to case study... i think

Cherries

You definitely need a case study for industrial conflict but you dont need to talk about the other ER crap in that essay. Our school did the waterfront but my teacher reckons that if you do something unique it impresses the markers and they'd be more inclined to give you better marks.

roo

HSC
reine regina.. are u regina from plc?? lol, ur post about the teacher writing from ur school writing the qantas case study got me thinking! mr broadbridge right... ;)

why do the case studies only have to relate to globalisation?? the question we got today in our exam went some thing like this:

in reference to your case study, evaluate and explain how they manage change. analyse the key influences of employment relations.

reine regina

hmm....i know i know..abt the question today...it was really really hard...coz i didn't study the case study..and i thought we dont' need it.
so i end up BSing a lot of crap...abt qantas....anyway..how did u went?

roo

HSC
Originally posted by reine regina
hmm....i know i know..abt the question today...it was really really hard...coz i didn't study the case study..and i thought we dont' need it.
so i end up BSing a lot of crap...abt qantas....anyway..how did u went?
lol i am the master of BSing after that exam! i made most of it up with qantas which wasn't a wise thing to do seeing that broadbridge will mark it.. :( ahh silly me!

reine regina

oh my gosh!!! is mr broadbridge marking the paper???gosh~~~!!~~ no!!!!!!!
i'll fail then!!!!!!!!
i make up every single thing in that question!! no way!!!!!

notaaron

HSC
Just how important are case studies/ what topic do you do them in?

We have done: Financial planning & management and marketing.

and not one case study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)