CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
spend money under the hood and a good awd kit.
Nah lol. I am not gonna spend much money if I get that.

I'll just tint it, lower it and get some new wheels. Maybe an exhaust as well.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
if it's a daily car, there's no point. It's good from the factory.
My Swift (white) has tints, Enkei SC24s (bright polish, black barrel) and a few interior improvements including integral GPS, aluminium scuff plates and white LED for interior lighting. I think the right mods can make the daily a bit more special. Just don't make it so likeable that your parents decide they want it as THEIR daily ;)

astroman

HSC
My Swift (white) has tints, Enkei SC24s (bright polish, black barrel) and a few interior improvements including integral GPS, aluminium scuff plates and white LED for interior lighting. I think the right mods can make the daily a bit more special. Just don't make it so likeable that your parents decide they want it as THEIR daily ;)
or so likeable it doesn't become your daily.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
or so likeable it doesn't become your daily.
Well dad loves it as his daily so I suppose it still fulfills it's original intent. I mostly drive the Liberty or the motorbike to work anyway.

turntaker

HSC
is it a good idea to ride to the train station, then to uni?

will my motorbike get stolen?

astroman

HSC
is it a good idea to ride to the train station, then to uni?

will my motorbike get stolen?
u have a motorbike?? Cool, and it depends on a lot of factors, mainly your bike. If you ride a 300kg Harley chances are no one is going to take the effort to try and lift it into a van, same applys to old crap bikes, but if you have a 1199 panigale all shiny parked, it will be gone before you know it. So, if you wanna avoid theft, buy a disc brake lock, this way the bike cant be rolled away, but it can be lifted into a van. Also, invest in a heavy duty chain and tie it to a fence or pole or some other immovable object. Or the best option is to get secure parking.

turntaker

HSC
u have a motorbike?? Cool, and it depends on a lot of factors, mainly your bike. If you ride a 300kg Harley chances are no one is going to take the effort to try and lift it into a van, same applys to old crap bikes, but if you have a 1199 panigale all shiny parked, it will be gone before you know it. So, if you wanna avoid theft, buy a disc brake lock, this way the bike cant be rolled away, but it can be lifted into a van. Also, invest in a heavy duty chain and tie it to a fence or pole or some other immovable object. Or the best option is to get secure parking.
No but I will most probably get one before uni.

Also what will I do with my helmet and clothing?

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
hows the cbr going??
Great bike to learn on! Really, really forgiving in every respect, parts on it are kinda expensive though for mods and I think the Yoshi exhaust is way too loud even with all the baffles in place. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Ninja 300 (in white) after I pass the P's test.

@Turntaker Depends I guess, some Unis have quite a few bike parks so if it was in a group it'd be less likely to be stolen, more so if it's in a very public high traffic area. I ride to work if I don't feel like driving only because work has a secure carpark with guaranteed bike parks, if it were open air I wouldn't even consider it. Then there's the thing about having to walk around in bike gear all day, I can leave my stuff in the locker/office. Being stolen is always an issue, bikes are bloody light and even with all the locks and gizmos in the world, it's pretty easy for 2-3 guys to just lift one onto the back of a ute. Ultimately though, riding through traffic is VERY dangerous in Sydney and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My commute is early morning and relatively light-moderate but peak hour I wouldn't even think about it.

turntaker

HSC
Re: CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods

Lol I guess I'll just stick to a car..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)