Carrotsticks' Solutions 2015 Extension 1 HSC (2 Viewers)

coz707

HSC
I proved the particle was moving downwards by showing that the horizontal position was > the midpoint (half of the endpoint)

Is this an acceptable method?

vflaash

HSC
would i lose marks for newtons approximation method if i just said x=2.57 without radians?

apurba

HSC
carrotsticks, for the probability question, if i got the answer by stating that 7C5 - 6 = 6C4 (just by speculation using calculator), will I still get 1/1?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Carrotsticks' Solutions 2015 Extension 2 HSC1

I think I got 100 then. How do they distinguish the state rankers?
well done, but you also need to have a reasonable assessment rank/final mark.
unless SR is just the exam.

Drsoccerball

HSC
carrotsticks, for the probability question, if i got the answer by stating that 7C5 - 6 = 6C4 (just by speculation using calculator), will I still get 1/1?
I think an explanation was required.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
would i lose marks for newtons approximation method if i just said x=2.57 without radians?
Definitely not.

Very hard to say for this one.

If many people did not attempt it, and the question was done poorly overall, then it is more likely you may get away with this. Otherwise, if a decent enough (I am using this term loosely as I do not know exact figures) number of students DO get it, then I'm afraid you won't make the cut.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
That's a very short mountain then.

It's too late now for you, but for this reason I always tell my students to verify their answer with what makes sense in real life. Is your answer reasonable? If not, double check it.

So if I got a 62m high mountain, I'd immediately be suspicious.
Plot Twist: The mountain is actually a hill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)