CareerHub? (1 Viewer)

L

LaraB

That all depends on what purpose you wish to use it for.

It has some good advice regarding resume/cover letter writing if you are just after your average part time uni student job. I certainly wouldn't rely on these to write up anything for graduate position applications or anythingl ike that.

All careers and study workshops and services are advertised on careerhub so its good for all that kind of info.

There are of course job ads but depending on the area you are studying these may be either quite numerous or very limited in number.

If you are a student who has been accepted into UWS - best thing to do is just wait untiil you are actually enrolled and you can take a look for yourself.

RHINO7

HSC
So what it does is locate part time jobs in your area of campus?
Why does it ask for my phone number and address?

L

LaraB

RHINO7 said:
So what it does is locate part time jobs in your area of campus?
Why does it ask for my phone number and address?
No it does not. Obviously by "area" i didn't mean your physical location/residence - i meant just as i said:

"depending on the area you are studying"

I.e. Law, Business, Nursing, Computing etc etc

It lists jobs by employment type - i.e. part time, casual, volunteer, graduate, internship etc. They are then further divided up under headings such as Management, Law, Health Science - representing various areas of study.

You browse through it just like you would any other job search page.

The jobs on there are placed by companies or departments within the Uni who request to have them placed there so it is limited in that you only see ads that are placed there.

I assumed when i filled it in that it asks for name and contact details simply as a means of assisting you in compiling as resume, as it says on the website itself when you go the "my resume" link.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
kennychan222 said:
How about Salary? I hear my friend the salary is not less than $8 per hour for all jobs...typital salary is about $16 per hour.
WOW TELL ME MORE!!!!!a

L

LaraB

kennychan222 said:
How about Salary? I hear my friend the salary is not less than $8 per hour for all jobs...typital salary is about $16 per hour.
If you are talking about jobs in general - no offence but what a load of crap - there are graduate jobs on there that are $60k+... heaps of part time tutoring positions around the $20 ph range... they're just 2 examples of many...

However - if you are talking about coop placements, which it sounds like you may be, they're different and by no means do they make up the entirety of the positions advertised on careerhub - they're different. They are short term work assignments/projects that basically are there to give you experience - they used to be "volunteer". When they became paid positions the average was $8.00 per hour or so cause you got a few grand for a few weeks full time work... they raised it recently so it was about $16 per hour and the academics involved want it raised again.

That is only one very small part of the jobs advertised on careerhub.

Last edited by a moderator:

kennychan222

HSC
Yeah..Thanks. Christy....Looks like you intend to admit to this university this year and I will be in Hawkesbury if I get offers from this uni.

I just realise my UAI (Converted from GCE Grades) may be not enough to admit courses at UOW...UWS is much better to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)