Carbon Tax (1 Viewer)

Do you support the proposed carbon tax?

• Total voters
HSC
Oh but that's not fair, Australians are battling to pay for their Iphone 4's and Flat Screen televisions.
yeah son but at the time time they are completely reimbursing everyone who earns under $80K to offset the effects of the tax

raise taxes
pay the taxes back with middle class welfare

oh okay

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I felt like going to her and slapping her when she was doing her "address to the nation".

She is such a failure of a speaker too.

I just HOPE that it doesn't pass parliament, which I doubt :/
That said, Abbott is no better in my opinion - his address to the nation consisted of a lot of personal comments regarding the running of government and Julia Gillard, rather than actually commenting on the proficiency of the Carbon Tax.

I want to the see the Carbon Tax pass parliament.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
In all honesty they're both pretty disappointing candidates with pretty disappointing policies. Both are seeking to expand government and consequently increase tax in some shape or form. If we're ever lucky enough to get someone of the calibre of Ron Paul or even Dennis Kucinich (please let me at least dream about this) then I will probably cry from joy, although I guess this is a topic for another thread.

In terms of the carbon tax actually passing, the odds are extremely high. The only way I can foresee the entire plan going to hell is by Abbott being successful in forcing an election (highly unlikely in my opinion).

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
That said, Abbott is no better in my opinion - his address to the nation consisted of a lot of personal comments regarding the running of government and Julia Gillard, rather than actually commenting on the proficiency of the Carbon Tax.

I want to the see the Carbon Tax pass parliament.
Yeah they are pretty bad, but you could tell she was forcing herself to speak and was trying to make it sound good, Obama is better imo, well most US presidents are better... John Howard was alright tho IMO, dont attack me.

As for the Tax, I'd rather it not pass parliament, it'll make stuff expensive in general, and wont really help.

I wouldn't mind the tax if there weren't any transfer payments involved and the money would go to renewable energy, but they're taxing you and giving some back, wtf, pointless crap.

Yes I know some cant afford it, but too bad.

--

As for Australian politics, lets see where this leads to, and I hope there is an early election, but honestly doubt there will be one.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah they are pretty bad, but you could tell she was forcing herself to speak and was trying to make it sound good, Obama is better imo, well most US presidents are better... John Howard was alright tho IMO, dont attack me.

As for the Tax, I'd rather it not pass parliament, it'll make stuff expensive in general, and wont really help.

I wouldn't mind the tax if there weren't any transfer payments involved and the money would go to renewable energy, but they're taxing you and giving some back, wtf, pointless crap.

Yes I know some cant afford it, but too bad.

--

As for Australian politics, lets see where this leads to, and I hope there is an early election, but honestly doubt there will be one.
I think the tax is being introduced in order to help drive renewable energy sources in, and get rid of traditional oil/coal energies. I know it's not the most practical solution, but I think it'll have some sort of impact at reducing emissions.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the tax is being introduced in order to help drive renewable energy sources in, and get rid of traditional oil/coal energies. I know it's not the most practical solution, but I think it'll have some sort of impact at reducing emissions.
Yeah, it will in the long run force the shift towards renewable energy, but it's a stupid start.. guess all things good come at a price?

Irony is Australia holds so many coal/gas reserves...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
They already have the numbers for it to pass.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
House: Need 75. 71 ALP+Windsor+Oakeshott+Bandt+Wilkie = 75. (All 4 have confirmed that they will support the proposal) (Katter, Crook, 72 Coalition are against =74)
Senate: Need 39: 31 ALP+9 Green = 40. (35 Coalition against+Xenophon; Madigan is unknown)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
It's a load of bull, how can you tax something that is mothernature? Ironic part of this; is that the biggest polluters of this so called "global warming" (which is non-existent- natural cycle of the Earth) are the government. They clock up the largest pollution, from flying across the world. What about these volcanic eruptions, they kick out more pollution than all the cars in the world. Australia for everything, money, money, money.

All these scientists with their 99.95 Atars, but no common sense.

Last edited:
HSC
nope

Garygaz

HSC
oi listen here drongos clearly our leader julia gillark said that industry will innovate to reduce the burden of the carbon tax. so our airlines are going to innovate and just somehow not use petrol to fly planes.

herpafuckingderp

tycoon_07

HSC
Make the GOVT hear our voices and attend rally's around the country! Email your local member if it is labor and encourage them to side with the Coalition!
Direct Action Policy is the way to go now!

Lentern

HSC
Make the GOVT hear our voices and attend rally's around the country! Email your local member if it is labor and encourage them to side with the Coalition!
Direct Action Policy is the way to go now!
Wow there is actually someone out there who believes in the Direct Action policy, I thought it was just a token throw away policy that the coalition drafted without any intention of implementing it. Why do you favour "direct action"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)