• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Car of the 1337s (1 Viewer)

MoNNiE

HSC
1960's Jaguars and ferrari's .. best cars ever made!
along with the maserati *drools* yeah in my big fat dreams...

the convertibles.. no the actual sedan salon.. whatever they call it

Last edited:

fwsov

In no particular order...

Mercedes E55 AMG/C32 AMG (including Brabus tuned cars)
BMW M3/M5
Porsche GT2/Turbo
Ferrari 360 Modena
Lotus Elise/Exige
Aston Martin (all of them hehe)
Maseratti Quattroporte (spelling..)
Nissan R32/33/34 GTR
Sooby WRX STi
Mistubishi Evo series
Mercedes SL55 AMG
Audi RS4/RS6
Bugatti Veryon
Mclaren F1

:)

N

ND

Originally posted by j-belle
because silvias don't need to break boxes to win races ;)
Well silvias have more bang for your buck, but GTRs have more bang overall. You can take GTRs to places no silvia has gone. Anyway i'm gonna stop defending GTRs, i am afterall a silvia owner :D (though it's only an S13 turbo).

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
Well silvias have more bang for your buck, but GTRs have more bang overall. You can take GTRs to places no silvia has gone. Anyway i'm gonna stop defending GTRs, i am afterall a silvia owner :D (though it's only an S13 turbo).
o yeh, of course the GTR has more 'bang' overall.. but the skyline range are for older men (it's weird seeing young guys driving them here in Aus!!) .. not young street racers.. and that's where the fun is ;)

ReaveR

HSC
Older men? Where'd you get that from...it's only because they're damn expensive...see how many young people drive the common GTS-T's, which you can get for close to 10K now for R32's (including compliance and other costs).

Also, R32 might be faster but I think R34 looks better, and they don't differ that much in times from memory. Of course the roundness of R2D2 just turns me on...that thing has boosters...it can fly!

Edit:
Skylines, fat and ugly? Err? I'd say that compared to a Silvia, but no way to a 180...sif thats sexy. Also dunno where you got unpopular from, the GT-R is seen as the king there...

Edit 2:
Isn't the Bond car a Vanquish, not a DB7? Hmm...

Last edited:

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ReaveR
Older men? Where'd you get that from...it's only because they're damn expensive...see how many young people drive the common GTS-T's, which you can get for close to 10K now for R32's (including compliance and other costs).
because that's the only types who drive them in Japan (and it prob is because they are so $$, they are meant to be very rare here, so I can't really comment on who drives them here). 10K for a GTS-T? I don't think so!

Also, R32 might be faster but I think R34 looks better, and they don't differ that much in times from memory.
yep it looks better, but just in terms of raw performance, I was saying the R32 GTR is king. I don't know what happened to nissan when they created the R33 GTR, they went backwards in performance even further :confused:

Skylines, fat and ugly? Err? I'd say that compared to a Silvia, but no way to a 180...sif thats sexy. Also dunno where you got unpopular from, the GT-R is seen as the king there...
well i'm "from there", and it's not king, only on dedicated race tracks maybe, but that's not where the fun or the majority of underground/illegal and street racing is. On the street, it's a different story, as someone with a GTR usually has spent all their $$ on buying it, so has no chance against the well modified cars roaming the streets of Japan.

In Japan the GTR is more for older drivers as I stated (it's a grand tourer, not a street racer). Just comparing cars like the r32s and r33s to the 180, the 180 looks a lot nicer (imo), and the skylines do look fat and kinda ugly next to it. But then again, s14s and s13 silvias don't look that great either..

ND

HSC
Yeh gotta love those 575M's, so sexy... Now if only i had 500K...

ReaveR

HSC
Originally posted by j-belle
because that's the only types who drive them in Japan (and it prob is because they are so $$, they are meant to be very rare here, so I can't really comment on who drives them here). 10K for a GTS-T? I don't think so!
lol You can get an R32 for 10k here.
And yes I'd say GT-R is more of a Grand Tourer..by saying King I meant on the track, not street because its damn expensive =(

And Gts-T's are far from rare, especially R32's and R33's, they're all over the place in Australia.

With the R33 they listened to their customers and made it fatter...adding more stuff in...which went backwards, but reverted again because of the crappy reviews. Nissan seem to have a history of making cars fatter, like the Z series which thankfully has also lost some weight...yay

As for the comment about older men, I fully agree saying GT-R are for older men...because kids like us usually can't afford one...but Gts-T's are heaps cheap, around the same as Silvia now if you import, not including compliance and the like, so thats why there are so many young people driving them here.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
lol You can get an R32 for 10k here.
And yes I'd say GT-R is more of a Grand Tourer..by saying King I meant on the track, not street because its damn expensive =(

And Gts-T's are far from rare, especially R32's and R33's, they're all over the place in Australia.

With the R33 they listened to their customers and made it fatter...adding more stuff in...which went backwards, but reverted again because of the crappy reviews. Nissan seem to have a history of making cars fatter, like the Z series which thankfully has also lost some weight...yay

As for the comment about older men, I fully agree saying GT-R are for older men...because kids like us usually can't afford one...but Gts-T's are heaps cheap, around the same as Silvia now if you import, not including compliance and the like, so thats why there are so many young people driving them here.
You'd be hard pressed finding a decent R32 GT-R for $10k HERE - maybe if you imported? And I agree that the r32 is the king.. the r34 doesn't come close as far as rep goes :)

Agreed that GTS-ts are everywhere, every man and his dog has one. R33s are decent family cars though, there's actually a back seat, and they're cheaper than a wrexy and better constructed, IMO

I say GTRs are for people who can drive them ;) Nothing hurts me more than hearing about a GTR wrapped around a pole because the driver couldn't handle it.

My attainable dream car atm would be an M3. Unattainable.. well where do I start :D

And it's like, 4am, and I'm like, tired, and stuff, so if this makes no sense, put my 2c in the donation box and I'll be off to bed...

Patricio

UNSW Member
yes it lost weight, but who cares? the 350Z is still significantly slower than the 300ZX :(

Originally posted by anti
Agreed that GTS-ts are everywhere, every man and his dog has one. R33s are decent family cars though, there's actually a back seat, and they're cheaper than a wrexy and better constructed, IMO

yeh, but the skylines are 2 door - not the best platform for a family car. Then again, there are the 4 door skylines, yet they lack in performance :(

I say GTRs are for people who can drive them ;) Nothing hurts me more than hearing about a GTR wrapped around a pole because the driver couldn't handle it.
I'd prefer a Mazda GTR. Way more bang for buck than the skyline!

My attainable dream car atm would be an M3. Unattainable.. well where do I start :D
*yawn* their performance is good.. but they look a bit ordinary (ie very similar to the other 2 door BMs).
btw anti are you female? If so, it's good cos it's rare to find a girl who knows her car stuff!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Ren
a dodge viper would keep me happy...
me too..they are gonna be manufactured for Australia soon..at about $250k

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by Patricio
yes it lost weight, but who cares? the 350Z is still significantly slower than the 300ZX :(

yeh, but the skylines are 2 door - not the best platform for a family car. Then again, there are the 4 door skylines, yet they lack in performance :(

I'd prefer a Mazda GTR. Way more bang for buck than the skyline!

*yawn* their performance is good.. but they look a bit ordinary (ie very similar to the other 2 door BMs).
btw anti are you female? If so, it's good cos it's rare to find a girl who knows her car stuff! [/B]
(excuse my poor quoting, i'm too tired to quote properly)..\

Most driveable cars are getting slower as they get newer, IMO, and I can't wait for more emissions laws to kick in here in Aus < /sarcasm >

True, 2dr cars make it hard if you need lots of room, but at least you can fit a baby seat in the back! For a daily driver / family car / performance vehicle / affordable combination I say an R33 is high on the list :)

That's one of the nice things about M3s (the way they look like other BMWs). It's subtly different - only someone who cares about their cars can tell ;) I like that aspect.. it doesn't HAVE to look awesome to be a great car.

and yeah, I'm female. and thankyou :)

Patricio

UNSW Member
Err.. Dodge Viper's don't look that great imo, the front of it is all over the place. Good performance, but you wouldn't expect less from a petrol-guzzling 'muscle car'.
And McLaren F1's are great if you only ever travel alone in fast cars (1 seater).

Most driveable cars are getting slower as they get newer, IMO, and I can't wait for more emissions laws to kick in here in Aus < /sarcasm >
yeh, even the bulk of the new R35 Skylines will be V8s :(
What's worse than emissions laws is the 15 year import rule we now have in Aus. If you're a girl and you know what that is, I'll be really impressed!

True, 2dr cars make it hard if you need lots of room, but at least you can fit a baby seat in the back! For a daily driver / family car / performance vehicle / affordable combination I say an R33 is high on the list :)
or an R33 4-door? Anyway, around UNSW, R33s are so common it's become boring to see them, and they're an import!!

That's one of the nice things about M3s (the way they look like other BMWs). It's subtly different - only someone who cares about their cars can tell ;) I like that aspect.. it doesn't HAVE to look awesome to be a great car.
Point taken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)