car insurance (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
roughly how much extra am i looking at for insurance for a V6? (i want to get a commodore ute for my 21st... prob a VS or something....) - so yeah, female, under 25, haven't lost any points etc.., driving a V6??

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
SlipStream said:
http://www.nrma.com.au/pub/nrma/estimate/motor.shtml

Fill it out and you'll get exactly what you're after. :)
cheers... looking at about $1800... shit

edit: just typed in exactly the same stuff but for the car i drive now (astina 2002 model) and they rekon insurance for that is pretty much the same

do u realise they jack up the insurance abuot $500 for living in sydney? (as compared to armidale where i'm at uni)

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
I am with Just cars and I am paying $855 per year and I am 18 !!!

I have a v6 2.5L mx6
lowered
17 inch rims
head unit
tint

its insures for $6500 on the car $1000 on the rims and $300 on the head unit...

If you get a car get Just cars!!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Under 25, no accidents, no points on about a 4 year old v6 magna and that is costing me $2000.

I actually drive an falcon ute which we just bought in march but it's cheaper for me to be insured as the main driver on the magna and secondary driver on the rest of the family cars.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i have no fucking idea about insurance, but it sure as hell isnt much. My car is barely worth $100. HAHAH basically my insurance covers anyone else involved in a crash with my car.

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
fuck off, nrma = bullshit
I wasn't referring her to the NRMA (hell no, I'm a member and they shit me), just that their quote-calculator is quick and easy to use and will give people an idea of how much their policy is going to cost. Like "S13WPN" added, it would be in the best interests of her wallet to take into consideration as many quotes as possible - but also consider the cost of the excess, conditions of the policy, any premium if you are paying by the month, etc.

For the moment though, Just Car Insurance (a subsidary of AAMI) seems to be offering fair premiums to younger drivers - the appeal of the NRMA to me was that my mum is the policy holder and I am an additional driver, and because my mum has other insurance policies with the NRMA we get a chunky discount. My next policy will probably be with JCI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)