Can't find a tutor for SDD? Online + Phone SDD Tutoring Available :D (Plus 2U Maths) (1 Viewer)

zvyx

HSC
Physical, Online, & Phone SDD Tutoring Available :D (Plus 2U Maths)

Hiya,

My name's Luke, and I'm offering Software Design and Development, 2U mathematics tutoring, and also Mathematics for all years. You can check out my website at www.dlkeducation.com for more info, as I am also collaborating with a few others to offer more subjects. I am also offering 'normal' tutoring, or physical tutoring in conjunction with online and phone (unfortunately the title of the thread can't seem to be edited...)

In Software Design and Development, I was ranked 2nd in the State.
In 2U Maths my HSC mark was 97, and in Extension 1 I received an E4.

Why are you only offering these subjects?
There are probably better tutors out there than me for other subjects that I do. I've only offered subjects which I am extremely competent in, so that you, as a student, benefit the most.

Why are you offering online+phone tutoring as well as physical tutoring?
Due to the relatively small candidature size of SDD, people who would want physical tutoring for SDD may not have a tutor who can physically reach them. Since I live in the Parramatta area, I may not be able to reach someone who lives in, for instance, Menai, but through other forms of communication I will be able to reach them.

So how much do you pay?
Please contact me for payment details. I don't charge by the lesson for online + phone tutoring due to the difficulty of charging per hour; instead you may pay either an one-off fee covering online tutoring via MSN (I do have a microphone) and email for one whole year (the Prelim course or HSC course), or split into monthly payments. Physical and phone tutoring can also be arranged.

How do you pay?
I have and accept Paypal (which accepts credit cards), Direct Deposit and Cash.

How can you contact me?
You can:
1) PM me,
2) email me at lukelau1991@hotmail.com, or
3) ring me on my mobile: 0450186523

Cheers :)

Last edited:

zvyx

HSC
just a side note - the one-off fee for support for the course doesn't go into the thousands of dollars (i.e. I'm not looking for one years payment in advance at rates comparable to normal tutoring, ala. Mathemagic). it's not fixed atm, but its roughly a few hundred dollars.

ctrlaltv

HSC
This Luke Lau is a freaking tank at 2U and SDD. Luke received a state ranking of 2 in SDD, and he put hardly any effort into the HSC exam, as he was studying for physics. To put so little effort and obtain a state ranking of 2 indicates that Luke Lau is a very talented tutor. So yeah, if you are looking for a tutor for SDD/Maths, I recommend Luke Lau. (especially SDD, seriously, hes a tank.)

ctrlaltv

HSC
jm01, I happen to know him in real life. His HSC results aren't fake, but I have to admit his tutoring seems abit strange. I haven't seen online tutoring before. His SDD was really rank 2 in state, look for Luke Sze Yun Lau on the state ranking smh article. He really is intelligent, and wouldn't scam, as he is a Christian and I have known him for 6 years. But yeah, I have to admit online tutoring and the payments are abit weird. No, he didn't pay me to write this. I just wrote it coz he has helped me alot throughout the year in SDD.

Last edited:

zvyx

HSC
jm01, I am offering physical, online and phone tutoring. The main reason why I offered online and phone tutoring is because SDD has a really small candidature, and thus people who would want physical tutoring for SDD might not be able to reach my location (Wentworthville, near Westmead/Parra).

I also said a one-off fee because it's difficult to gauge online tutoring time, so charging by the hour, as is typical for tutoring, is not plausible. However I do offer physical tutoring, as stated above, and for that I do charge by the hour.
Offering monthly payments is a good idea; in fact, anyone looking for tutoring through me can pay by the month.

'You get what you pay for' - what rubbish. There are people paying for $40ph private tutoring, and are not satisfied - on the contrary, there are people paying for $20ph tutoring, and are very satisfied.

I suggest emailing instead of PMing because I expected that I may not be on boredofstudies much. It seems now I am checking it a bit more regularly, so sure, PM me - I'm not afraid of communications logging.

And go check my state ranking. It's legit.

ctrlaltv was my school mate,before he left to PHS :S

ctrlaltv

HSC
jm01 said:
Quote:
His HSC results aren't fake, but I have to admit his tutoring seems abit strange. I haven't seen online tutoring before. His SDD was really rank 2 in state, look for Luke Sze Yun Lau on the state ranking smh article.

I can't say definately, but you saying that he didn't try and gained a state ranking of 2nd in the state is questionable.

The Physics and SDD HSC exam were on the same day. The night before, I was talking to him on MSN about SDD. He said he didn't need to prepare, as he knew the content already. On December 16, I was at his house when he saw the SMH article for the state rankings. He told me he didnt really try that hard to prepare for the SDD exam, and was pretty surprised at the state ranking.

Quote:
And he really is intelligent, and wouldn't scam.

You're endorsing his services, what other thing would you say? "He would scam" .... ?

As I said, Luke has helped me in SDD throughout the entire year. I was struggling with it, but with Luke's help I ended up with a rank of 2/10. I have also said that I have known him for 6 years, and I think he is a trustworthy person. These facts lead me to believe that his service is genuine, albeit a little strange.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Re: Can't find a tutor for SDD? Online + Phone SDD Tutoring Available :D (Plus 2U Mat

Zvyx,

Since you have now explained yourself. I feel that you may have been a bit naive in your approach to posting your tutoring services, and that I have been a bit too harsh, now that we see it.

I will now remove all my posts in this thread so that I don't bring anymore harm to your reputation.

To be honest though, if you had explained everything in your initial post (like all the details and options) then it wouldn't look so dodgy. Obviously I assume that you will be modifying your post so that it looks authentic.

Good luck in your quest in tutoring students. I hope they are able to attain great results. BTW, I used to live in Wentworthville, it's a nice suburb (or it was when I was living there close to 10 years ago).

Last edited:

zvyx

HSC
Re: Can't find a tutor for SDD? Online + Phone SDD Tutoring Available :D (Plus 2U Mat

Thank you jm01, I really do appreciate it.
Yes I should have explained the tutoring more thoroughly; I didn't realise that people would find anyting other than physical tutoring dodgy and back then I thought it was quite clear why I would offer such services. Of course with the benefit of hindsight it was all too clear that I had made several mistakes.

I've edited my original post to add what I've explained - unfortunately the title can't be changed..

Thank you again, I hope they will too ^^ and yes Wenty is still a nice suburb - I wish the trains would stop here more often though :p

zvyx

HSC

long time bump ^^

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Pity that you didn't top the state.

Nevertheless, you results are great.

congrats on your results.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC

and wouldn't scam, as he is a Christian
beautiful statement =P

online + phone tutoring service, first i heard, you might lead a new revolution to tutoring

gl!

zvyx

HSC

haha wasn't expecting the ranking lol - but thanks, certainly not complaining :p (and btw nice uws acronym heh)

lol Deltan I'd love to think that all Christians would have moral compasses pointing due north - but oh well :p

btw is there a way to change the name of the thread? I've already changed the post title to include 'normal' tutoring but it didn't seem to make a difference.. :(

Last edited:

zvyx

HSC

big big big bump ^^

zvyx

HSC

as a little aside, I'm free mostly on Saturday arvo, Sunday arvo, and Thursday.
I would also prefer if you were able to make the trip to Wentworthville, because travelling is somewhat of a steep, steep cliff for me at the moment.
(and bump ^^)

Snoople

HSC

hi luke lol
..awesome guy and saved me from failing my software assignment
*im hopeless at sdd and he knows it*
anyways cya in a week or so, i got half yearlies and the software textbook is confusing :(

zvyx

HSC

ahoy ^^
pssh you're not hopeless at software - just got lots on your plate atm :)
(and i can see you're doing well whittling away the time - go be productive!)

zvyx

HSC

I'm currently full at the moment, in regards to students for the year (I take 4 this year).

Please contact me if you still would like software tutoring, but I can't take you for the entire year; I will tutor more students during uni holidays, just for a quick revision lesson or clearing up some stuff.

Cheerios :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)