Can't choose LOTR? (1 Viewer)

morgue

I heard that u can't chose LOTR for imaginative journey because it's already a prescribed text. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Cuz I was allowed to choose it as a supplement text for my assessment task.
If it is true, does it apply to all 3 books and all 3 flims?

KfWang

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I dunno if you can or cannot choose it. But LOTR-FOTR is a perscribed text for Extension English Module 1: Genre - Elective: Speculative Fiction. If you are not allowed to use it, it would probably only apply to the first film, which is the text on the list.

eth

HSC
Here's why:

LOTR is a very risky text to use, because

a) Most of the examiners know it really well, and can pick up mistakes very easily.

b) There have been so many essays, papers, and other forms of review or criticism written on LOTR it's very hard to come up with a unique perspective.

c) Because LOTR is so long, it's hard to cover the text well enough, or often even to know it well enough to write about it properly.

d) There will be a lot of people writing about the films, and the examiners will mark you more harshly cos they are sick of it.

So, my advice, and the advice of several techers I've talked to, is to leave LOTR alone and pick a different text, if that's still feasible this close to the exam.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Why bother? Plenty of more interesting texts to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)